icon

prestige xr6900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfreslist 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
I spoke to Honda service guys and they told me that the crv has the lock security but not for the glass break and I cann't even add the glass break sensor to the existing security system. So I am back to the question, do I need to go for alarm or just the remote start? If whether is good I will open the car underhood and I will see how difficult is to install. I will read both the manuals for xr6900 & xr9000. 
afish70 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
ok so i have the xr9000 in my 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix and I am hoping it is just a crappy installer issue, but. Ok so i had them "activate" the passive arming and ever since then when i go to remote start my car the doors unlock. if you open them the alarm goes off but, why do they unlock? also, when i use the trunk release it acts as though the alarm goes to sleep while trunk is open. as soon as i close it the alarm is normal. is that how it is supposed to work or should i have to disarm system before opening trunk? i also noticed that if i push the unlock button twice that will also pop my trunk open. should this happen? i have had to take this back twice already for other issues and am getting really sick of this.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 31, 2009 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
rfreslist wrote:
I spoke to Honda service guys and they told me that the crv has the lock security but not for the glass break and I cann't even add the glass break sensor to the existing security system. So I am back to the question, do I need to go for alarm or just the remote start? If whether is good I will open the car underhood and I will see how difficult is to install. I will read both the manuals for xr6900 & xr9000. 
I don't want to say anything too harsh, but auto mechanics generally don't even know enough about automotive wiring in general, let alone much about alarm systems.
Furthermore, have you really tested that this CRV has an alarm? I've heard of dealer-installed alarms (the car's prewired for a Honda alarm), but never seen one factory-installed.
The XR9000 has quite a few extra wires, for extra features, and therefore the install guide is a little more complex.......but that doesn't mean you have to hook up all of those features.
All you really NEED would be to hook up the door trigger wire (so the alarm knows if a thief opens the doors), plug in and adjust the shock sensor........and you have a basic alarm on top of the remote start you were already going to install.
That unit also has wires for a starter kill, so the car can't be started with the alarm on......but you do already have the Honda immobilizer which is pretty effective. It's up to you; you don't have to install the starter kill if you don't want to.
I'm pretty sure that the 9000 has other extra features like a wire that turns on the car's headlights for 30 seconds when you arm the alarm, but again, no need to hook it up if you're not interested.
If it were me, and especially if you're not an experienced installer, I'd upgrade to the alarm/starter combo unit, and just install it as it was meant to be.
Juse one example for you: The XR9000 knows to ignore the shock sensor upon remote start, because of the vibration of the engine................if, on the other hand, you try to connect a shock sensor to the factory alarm (if you even have one), you'll need to be prepared to configure a relay to disable the shock sensor during remote start.........there's another challenge that would be a pain for a rookie to deal with.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic