2009 tacoma, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drw7000 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I'm having trouble finding the DataIMO and DataIMI wires on the ECU of a 2009 Tacoma to do the immobilizer bypass for my remote starter.
I'm installing an Autostart AS-6285 2way remote starter and alarm combo and I'm using DEI XK05 bypass kit with PKT2 firmware loaded.
Does anyone have experience wiring the immobilizer bypass for a 2009 Tacoma? I've tried following the wiring diagram supplied by DEI but it's for a 2005-2008 and the ECU connections they show do not look like anything I see on the ECU. Is it possible Toyota changed the connector pin-outs for 2009?
I took a couple pictures of what the connectors look like on my 2009 Tacoma, if anyone has a 2005-2008 and could compare I would appreciate it! Or any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks for your time.
2009 tacoma, remote starter -- posted image.
2009 tacoma, remote starter -- posted image.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
save yourself a lot of time and effort and use a 756T
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
drw7000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Who makes the 756T and where can I get one?  Thanks.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
The Idatalink FLDL1 is the easiest Toyota bypass i have ever seen. All connections are made at the igntion switch, including data TX and code. I'm not familiar with the 756T, nothing on Google about it. Sorry i can't be any help on your issue tho...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

or a fortin keyoverride i don't know why people waste there time with that bypass

i see also that bypasskits is selling a pkall

which from looking at it seems to be a rebadged fortin keyoverride

even the manual looks like a fortin manual

http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=PKALL

kgerry 
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Mike M2,    756T  replaced the 755T2    super easy...  RX, TX at the ign switch and done... no wire cutting, so no worries about the OEM system..... and no going to the ECM...  does Toyota & Lexus PTS vehicles and it will also do Ford and Mazda.... It is a rebadged Astro piece i believe... it's all i use on Toyota and Lexus now.... available from Directed...
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
Hi Mike M2,    756T  replaced the 755T2    super easy...  RX, TX at the ign switch and done... no wire cutting, so no worries about the OEM system..... and no going to the ECM...  does Toyota & Lexus PTS vehicles and it will also do Ford and Mazda.... It is a rebadged Astro piece i believe... it's all i use on Toyota and Lexus now.... available from Directed...

Huh, sounds like a renamed Idatalink bypass as it also does Ford, Mazda, Honda, etc right out of the box with no re-flashing....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kgerry 
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
it's not a flashable module... and does not do Honda... but for Lexus & Toyota it's a real time saver.....and no need to cut, then resplice the TX wire for programming like the Idata piece.... DRW7000 if you can find one try it... you'll save an hour at least....
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
drw7000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tips...I still can't find where to buy one, when I google it it doesn't bring up anything related to immobilizers or bypasses.  But my remote starter and bypass install is on hold right now anyways because I'm having an issue with it throwing check engine trouble codes.  I tried unhooking the brain from all the wiring which should leave all RS wiring essentially floating taps but I was still getting engine codes.  It only wasn't until I desoldered the wiring off ign1&2 and starter1&2 (and associated relays) the codes cleared..  As a side note, anyone have any experience installing in a 2009 Tacoma?  Thanks.
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

I've done tons of 08's, same truck as far as i know. Never an issue, pretty easy IMHO. Here's a link for bypass

http://www.idatalink.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=97

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic