icon

sq amps pdx/jl hd/ jl slash v2 series

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

I have Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 comps with the silk tweets.  Love them.  Get them.  They aren't as pricey as Morel or CDT.

Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
schizophrenic 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=mcben789]

I have Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 comps with the silk tweets.  Love them.  Get them.  They aren't as pricey as Morel or CDT.

What amps are pushing them?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2008 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
jar754 wrote:
what would you recomend then for a passive 3 way and an active 3 way set up then? price doesnt matter, but a nice sq for a daily driver/ comp vehicle
Here is what I did in my "price doesn't matter" system. You may need to reconsider components, however, as some of these cannot even be gotten anymore. That's about 5 to 7 grand, all told.
schizophrenic wrote:
Which series from Morel? Hopefully they sound better than MBQ's sq amps pdx/jl hd/ jl slash v2 series - Page 2 -- posted image.
ANY of the Morel components will sound better than the Quarts will. (Again, my opinion)
mcben789 wrote:
Enh... DAs are ok sounding, and the silk domes are MOST DEFINITELY the way to go, but I think the crossovers are better designed, and the drivers better matched in the Morel systems. DA would likely be my choice over CDT, but not Morel.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
sound 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2008 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
 So how much real difference is there between the original JL slash series and Alpines PDX amps? or even the new JL v2 amps? I was considering the 5 channel PDX  because i think it would fit in my vehicle  better, but its not justifiable for some space gain. Can you really hear a difference?
schizophrenic 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

I've heard the PDX amps driving X-type components and subs tri-amped in 2003 Eclipse and it was solid. Midrange was smooth and punchy, bass deep but thehighs were depressed probably due to the system tuning. Overall, sounded damn good.

mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2008 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have my Diamond Components pushed by this i think  sq amps pdx/jl hd/ jl slash v2 series - Page 2 -- posted image.- http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_7470_Eclipse+XA2000.html
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic