2008 tacoma remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nothing13 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh!
For some reason the siren and horn aren't chirping when they should now... its not in silent mode...? It was working fine yesterday. Not to mention when trying to put it into reservation mode the car just shuts off now.
The only thing i did change today was the keysense jumper in the brain. I had the keysense hooked up for the Blade module, and not for the brain (maybe i need diodes..?). When i hooked it up to the brain the siren starting working yesterday. I noticed the default was a positive input for glow plugs for that wire, so i adjusted the jumper accordingly. Now the siren doesn't work, even when i switched it back... Do i need the keysense hooked up for both the brain and the blade module?
And i still haven't tackled the clutch bypass.
I'm confused! Help please!
jmw505 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
if you arm it and set off the sensor does it still kick the siren
nothing13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
It gets the remote buzzing away when i insert the key when armed, but no siren. When i shake the sensor it shows up on the remote too.
It really seems like its stuck in valet mode, but i cant seem to get it out, nor does it show up on the remote. Cycling the key on/off 5 times in the ignition does nothing... and the secure valet switch isn't working either.
nothing13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm.. Well, today cycling the ignition seems to work.. i re-leaned the tach signal to see if that was it.. still nothing. Lock/Unlock works, other than that its a paper weight.
jmw505 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
i would try pulling off the keysense wire and see if you get the horn and siren back
nothing13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
I tried that, pulling the cm5000 key sense and the blade harness one, with no luck either way. Its gonna sit for the night with the battery disconnected and try again in the morning. Maybe i'm getting a bad tach signal from the ODB connector..? I measured over 6 volts with little change when the engine reved at higher RPM... Seems weird that it worked for a bit though. Would that cause any of these issues? Maybe disable the unit except for the door locks until a good tach signal is obtained?
nothing13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Alright.. I got all the functions working again.. Still can't get the bypass to program (just checked the wiring, all A-OK) and have to tackle the clutch bypass.
nothing13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hahaha... I'm such a pet monkey!
The whole time i had the 20-pin connector for the Bypass plugged in backwards! Apparently, it will fit even without those tiny little channels lined up...   Amazing what better lighting does..
Wow.. I can't believe i wasted all that time for something so stupid!
jmw505 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
lol thats funney
nothing13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2008 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
Anybody care to lend a hand with the clutch bypass for this "manual transmission safe" install? :)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic