2000 silverado remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roooler 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2008 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
BIG UPDATE* (sorry for the second post)
Ok so i checked everything again and still it would start then die.. i then put my key in and started the truck... while the truck was running i pushed the remote start button and pulled the key out of the ignition.. the truck remained running. i then turned the truck off with the remote start and tried remote starting it..It DID start..however i waited 10 minutes and tried remote starting it again and once again it would start then die..
I then repeated the process of starting it with the key and everything and it will start but if you wait over like 4-5 minutes and then try remote starting it...it will start then die..
wth is causing this? any help would be tremendously appreciated as were im about to freak out..
Thanks everyone
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
double check the programming features of the remote start...if you went tachless make sure it isnt set for tach. things like that. if all features are right then you may be looking at a bad 555L.
scottsstarter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2008 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

What type of bypass are you using?   this truck does have pass 2.          Also when hooking up tach on these the only way to go is to ecm just below batt under black cover pull it out flip over look for pin 10 white use a small screw driver too pull out connector it has to be one or the other. however if this truck was a fleet it may not have pass2.  the key would have no effect unless you turned it at just the right time while remotestarting to show res. If you need further help let me know.         also if you are using relays you will need to use 2 diodes and not only on 87 to 85   but one from 85 on same relay with cathode facing towards ground out while running from unit. I can e-mail you a digram let me know if you need it , for some reason i cannot attach it.

Scott's the name moble electronics is the game.
Remember to stick it before you kick it.
Get your mind right use your
MULTIMETER!!!!!!!!!!!
roooler 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2008 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I am using the 555L gm bypass module yes it is pass lock 2...also i have the tach wire hooked to one of the wires on the engine im having a brain fart and cant think of what it is called..its on one of the cylinder wires if i remember right?? is this not the right place? i will take any help i can get..
also scott could you explain a little bit more about were my tach wire should be??
THANK YOU everyone for your help!!
RoOoLeR@gmail.com
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
It really does sound like a Passlock issue. I am quite familiar with DEI products, not Crime Stopper stuff, but with DEI if your tach isn't programmed correctly or the wrong tach wire, the truck will crank just not fire. Does the security light come on when remote started? That is a good indication that passlock isn't being integrated correctly.
roooler 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Yes i do believe the light comes on when it is remote started.. this is a picture of were i have my tach hooked to.. is this not correct?
2000 silverado remote start? - Page 2 -- posted image.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
what are you using a scotchlock?
roooler 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
for the connection? its a T connector cutting into the Tach wire and then the other wire is connected to the T connector with a Flat Male Spade. if that is what you were wondering?
scottsstarter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Tech wire at ECM , it is right below battery uder black plastic cover. Remove cover pull up metal clip and plastic tab to release.

flip over ecm its tricky at first but you will be able to read numbers under gray wire cover you will see 1 thru 5  remove this with a screwdriver and door panel puller take your time if not you'll splt it in the middle (experance, learn from my mistakes) pin 10 is whit and it is your tach. don't try and guess because there is 3 or 4 whites in here. this is a good location on all GM truck planes(i.e. yuk,taho,suburb,danal,H2, all use same ECM)  thru 08 classics ( not new 08 silverado or duramax).

Scott's the name moble electronics is the game.
Remember to stick it before you kick it.
Get your mind right use your
MULTIMETER!!!!!!!!!!!
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

thats too much work

unsnap the dash 4 screws remove the cluster

tag the white wire

p.s. get rid of those t-tap/scotchlock

they don't belong in any decent install

there a problem just waiting to happen