icon

continuous subwoofer output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MikeHusain 
Copper - Posts: 139
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed a kenwood 11 band eq with a kenwood HeadUnit, MTX amp for highs and MTX 801D for subs(mtx 7500 thunder round).  Everythings sounds good except that when I go around 75% volume, I have  continous bass coming from the subs, I have to shut off my headunit very soon after or I am sure I will damage my subs.  Not sure why this is happening.  Once this happens if I turn the volume down, it still continues to have sound coming from the subs.  If I use my sub out from the head unit instead of the eq, it does not do that.  I am leading that the problem is coming from the eq.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

Take a length of small wire, ground one end of the wire and touch and hold the other end to the Shield of the RCA cable that goes to the bass amp.   Let me know if that makes the noise go away.  If you do not understand what to do, the following page shows in more detail what needs to happen.  It is showing the process on a radio.  You do not need the fuse holders and you only need to do one RCA cable, either the left or the right.   

http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
I bet your amplifier gain is all the way up...
Support the12volt.com
MikeHusain 
Copper - Posts: 139
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I do have the gain about 90% up.  Are you saying that could be the problem?  Does the amp go into some freeze mode because of that?  thanks..
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2008 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
You should set the gain properly. Then see if it still does this. That would be my first step.
'85 Toy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic