icon

first alarm 03 cavalier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
You DONT want to use the BLACK/ orange wire for the trunk release. You want the BLACK/ white wire. I know this because I have an 02 cavalier and know every single wire you need to look for. If you cant find the wire at your bcm, you can also pull off the door trim piece at the floor (drivers side). There is a bunch of wires taped up (my tape is orange). Remove the tape and look for a BLACK/ white wire. The only problem is that there is more than 1 wire that looks like this.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

noobie4life wrote:
You DONT want to use the BLACK/ orange wire for the trunk release. You want the BLACK/ white wire. I know this because I have an 02 cavalier and know every single wire you need to look for. If you cant find the wire at your bcm, you can also pull off the door trim piece at the floor (drivers side). There is a bunch of wires taped up (my tape is orange). Remove the tape and look for a BLACK/ white wire. The only problem is that there is more than 1 wire that looks like this.

so use a DMM and TEST.

sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
sneakycyber wrote:
6)According to my information your trunk release is positive BLACK/ white located at the BCM (Body Control Module). Your trunk TRIGGER is negative and is ORANGE / black located at the BCM
I covered that already
lnhiv 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
It went in without any issues. Thanks again for all the help.
2003 Chevy Cavalier coupe
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Great. Glad We could helpfirst alarm 03 cavalier - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
lnhiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Only thing left is to put in the hood pin switch, but I need to fab up a mount for where I want to put it. I'll probably do that Tuesday in the machine shop.
And of course now I need to program the remote features...that's gonna be fun. Thank god for instruction manuals...
lnhiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, so I found an awesome deal on some door lock actuators today that I couldn't pass up. They're the DEI 524F ones, and I grabbed two of them (both doors). Now here's my question...how do I wire them up? The actuators didn't come with any wiring diagrams or anything like that, so I'm lost right now...it just came with mounting/installation instructions. Again, I have a Viper 5002 if you have access to Directfax or something along those lines.
I have 5 wires coming off of each actuator:
Brown, White, Black, Blue and Green.
There's 6 pertinent wires coming off of my Door Lock Harness from my brain (the Violet and Violet/Black are common at an inline fuse holder):
Violet - Unlock #87 NO (Input)
Blue/Black - Unlock #30 Common (Output)
BROWN / Black - Unlock #87A NC
Violet/Black - Lock #87 NO (Input)
GREEN/ Black - Lock #30 Common (Output)
WHITE/ Black - Lock #87A NC
Thanks again for the help.
lnhiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
I was looking at it some more and I came up with this possibility:
Actuator / Harness
White    -> WHITE/ Black
Blue     -> Blue/Black
Green    -> GREEN/ Black
Brown    -> BROWN / Black
Black    -> ground
Then tap violet and violet/black from the harness to constant +12V.
Does this sound right? Sorry for the multiple posts...I'm tired right now.
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
I can't find schematics anywhere and it appears no one else can either. The easiest way would be to cap off all but the green and blue wires and connect the to the alarm like this. Violet and Violet with black connect to Constant 12v. The brown with black and the White with black connect to ground. The Blue with black connect to the blue wires from the actuators and the GREEN/ black connect to the green wire from the actuators.
lnhiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ok cool. I just called DEI, too, and they said I only use the green and blue off of the actuator, just like you said.
And I was looking at the "Actuators/Reverse Polarity" diagram on here, and it's exactly the same as what you said. It all makes sense now (helps that I slept some, lol). Btw, the guy at DEI said that the 5-wire harness off of the actuator is for use to interfacing into a central locking system...mainly used for factory replacement.
Thanks again. I'll probably have these in later this week, along with the hood pin.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic