Remote Start Anti Grind Feature

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
robertsc wrote:

the way dei piece work is that the anti grind output is also a ground when armed

that is the ORANGE / black wire

so as soon as you lock the car with the remote you also have starter kill

thats the way i always understood it worked

i never knew thatRemote Start Anti Grind Feature - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Can I be the ref here guys??? I think you're ALL BASICLY RIGHT ....BUT if the R/S (and I haven't looked at a diagrame for this one) has 2 starter leads,  ie for key side and starter side, then surely an immobiliser relay/come antigrind is inbuilt?  But has to be programmed, maybe that wasn't done?
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

that model comes with it built in

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
As  the Latins said, Quad erat demonstrato, or I've done 840 miles today to do 4 installs and I'm sick of the sight of airport security, having to shove my tool bag through excess baggage etc etc so I can't think it through. Why do they always sit Jabba the Hut next to me on flights?
carhigh 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2008 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
It is built in and wasnt hooked up. He said it was only one wire and it took him 20 minutes to hook it up. Gonna bring the other car in friday for him to hook it up on that one too.

Im gonna check tomorrow about the starter kill stuff. I know, before the anti grind hook up today, that i could lock my car with the remote, enter the car with my key, without unlocking the car with the remote, and i could still start the car with the key. Hopefully tomorrow i will still be able to see the same results. No bother though, i dont plan on loosing BOTH of the remotes. I am not tha carless :)
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2008 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

i always understood that on DEI starter kill/anti grind remote starts, that the purple and green wires coming off of the XCRS satellite relay handled both features.  I might be wrong, but if i remember right, (been a while since i installed DEI products) the starter kill engaged when you armed the system and disengaged (allowed it to start) when you disarmed the system.  Also, it wouldn't crank the starter again when it's already been engaged with the remote start.  The only wires hooked to the starter wire are the large gauge purple and green wires anyways......right?

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2008 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I just recently installed a newer DEI remote start that had the XCRS and the two starter wires.  I locked the doors with the DEI remote and then tried to start the car and it started fine.  I then remote started the vehicle and tried to crank it and it did not crank.  On my unit (it's a Valet something) there is no starter kill.
Kevin Pierson
revolutionz_s13 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
robertsc wrote:

the way dei piece work is that the anti grind output is also a ground when armed

that is the ORANGE / black wire

so as soon as you lock the car with the remote you also have starter kill

thats the way i always understood it worked

i dunno on dei systems, but on the compustars you can set in the programming if you want to do starterkill only, anti-grind/starterkill, or only antigrind.  so if you set it to antigrind only, it doesnt matter if the car is armed or not.

carhigh 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
Nice, i can get in the car, lock it up with the remote and still start the car with the key. looks to be all set
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic