the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5900, 1998 acura cl 3.0

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2008 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
blue (-) status output of remote start . Coming off relay pack.
evil_ninja 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Cause the bypass module which I bought is an old version, so I intend to change for another one. I am thinking about the DEI brand cause it will compatible with my remote start module. But I don't know which module I should buy. I see there are some pages show that 556 can be used with Acura 1998 CL but some pages say that it doens't support.

This page shows that 556H supports Acura 1998 CL

http://www.drdetailshop.com/Transponderreference.htm

example says 556 doesn't list Acura CL:

http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_8018_Directed+556H+-+556HW.html

Best regards,

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
The Honda SL3 should work on your car.
There's no need to worry about the bypass being DEI or not. The status output from the Viper 5900 will activate any bypass module.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
evil_ninja 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

Yesterday I started to work with installation. I have to delay cause of the weather. It's so cold.

One issue I recognized in the installation is if I do wire to the wiring which connect to the Security Module under passenger seat the wires will cross all over the car and everything will look messy. I guess all of this wires will go to the lower dash panel. Should I connect directly there? Cause the wiring only point to the position under the passenger seat, so I don't know how to find the wire under the dash panel.

My machenical friend also told me that, if by some mistakes I generate a shock electronic signal my car can be unable to start. Is there any good way to prevent it happen?

In case I still have to connect to the security module under passenger seat, I need to remove my seat. I have one question, if I remove the harness connect to the seat. will the car still work if I don't connect the harness back?

Thanks,

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic