Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dbfordtech 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone,

Long Time No Chat.....

I Need a bit of help with...Believe it or not, And old 97 Cavalier with a Passlock 1

Here is the sad story...

When I was younger I installed remote starters at a Ford dealer for years... Did several side jobs, then I kinda got out of it.

Recently, I saw an add from an old guy that had a remote starter installed into his 97 Cavalier.  The fellow said that he paid $250.00 for the install (and he supplied the starter)  The installer could not make the starter work, took the $250.00 and left.

The old guy is out the cash...So like a Dummy...I said "HEY!! I'LL FINISH THE JOB!!! NO CHARGE"

So, here I am...

The remote start cranks, but the engine will not start.  Theft light flashes.  I look under the dash, and there is no bypass installed.

So, I purchase a "FORTIN PASSLOCK-SL2"

I install it as per the directions... I go into programming, everything looks good.

The module does as the directions say it should.

Try to start the car with remote...NOPE... theft flashes.

I re-program...Same problem...

I RE CHECK EVERY WIRE (and I mean every wire!!) with the directions... I also confirm Inputs and outputs with my meter.  I also confirm polarity.

I cannot find the problem

Has anyone else had trouble with a Fortin Passlock-sl2 ?

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks Guys!!!

revolutionz_s13 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2008 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

fortin modules suck. buy an idatalink ads-tbsl pl. or just bypass it using the old skool relay/resistor method.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
"fortin modules suck"....what a joke. I've been using fortin for a couple of years now, and have never had a single come back. In fact, I have one on my 04 Silverado right now. I would agree with doing that car the old skool way though.
wrenches 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2008 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
I had a similiar problem recently with a '98 Cav, except it had an ADS TBSB PL unit in it.  I had done the install a year previous and had been working.  I spent probably as much time troubleshooting with no results, then pulled out an old DEI 555L module I had in a back cupboard, and bingo, away it went.
Think. It's not illegal yet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic