icon

ultrastart u1271m, 2000 frontier problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ninno 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

i used a pink/blue stripe behind the cluster, and i reser the unit after i changed connections. i reprogrammed the tach until it blinked twice. i only see the truck on the weekends, so i havent been able to call tech support. the hood pin connection was removed and not reconnected anywhere.

i also drove the truck for a while, and still no luck.

any other suggestions, i wont give up till it works, or maybe ill put in another model. any brand suggestions.

ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

do you think the only problem i have now is tach related.

i didnt look at the truck this weekend, cause it was snowing.

ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
any suggestions
ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

ive read that the omega max-e is compatible with standard cars. the only connection i see different is the parking brake connection.

what makes this unit compatible with manual trannys, is there a procedure when leaving the vehicle.

ive been working on a 2000 frontier and still cannot get an ultrastart unit to work, so i plan on removing it and using something else.

does any one have any brand recomendation for a remote start with keyless unit for manual cars.

again thanks for all the help ive received here.

ive done plenty of omega mars, crimestopper, boa's.... but this was my first ultrastart and ive never done a compustar, theres no shops for about 60 miles from here, and they only do dei, so my only advice comes from here. thanks.

ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

sorry i didnt get any more responses so i thought it was a dead topic. i figured i was starting a new topic by asking about the omega or other brands.

the nissan still doesnt start by remote. reservation mode works, but after the door is closd the remote will not start it. i called tech support and the said to remove my connection from the door trigger and manually touch to ground in the sequence needed. this worked for reservation mode, but still did not let the truck start by remote.

i ordered another of the same model online( i planned on using on my car later anyway) and pluged in the new brain, reset all factory settings and relearned tach. but still same outcome. lighs blink diagnostic code of tach lockout

i basically can only see the truck on weekends because the owner works out of town. so calling tech support gets tricky if its not right in front of me.

again sorry kartuneman if i started another post, i dont want to annoy anybody. i appreciate all the help i get, and cant wait to give help when i can.

tj durham 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Did you use a bypass for the transponder key as you say that it cranks but no start. Try putting a key back into the ignition switch prior to pushing the start button just push it in no turning and see if it will start if so you need to put a bypass in preferably a 556U with your extra key in the box. Hope this helps
tj durham 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Wow I had hundreds of posts here a while ago now Im a rookie again hmmm 16 yrs experience and still a rookie thats funny. I guess I need to post more than a couple a year.
ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

theres no transponder key, and i didnt say it cranked at all. actually it has not gone thru the remote at all for starting. ive only made it up to the reservation mode. then nothing happens when pressing the start button, it doesnt turn on the ignitions or acc, nor tries cranking.

has anybody connected the tach wire in a different location than the cluster inside the cab. i tested the wire, and it did increase ac voltage, but not from 1 to 5 volts like i read here. next time i see it ill try an injector wire.

if that still dont fix it ill probably go with another brand.

anybody used the omega max e in a manual with good results??

tj durham 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

Its a problem with your connections somewhere there is nothing wrong with the 1271 Ultra I have installed plenty with no problems and ist a better piece than the Max E you can do tach at any injector all injectors will have 1 wire thats the same color just use one that is a different color. Have you verified that your primary ignition stays 12v when cranking and doesnt drop out during start as that wire is where the ultra gets programming. Also do a system reset to clear the unit out after reseting try to restart the truck and wait to see if you get the tach learned or just unhook the tach and see if it learns voltage sensing if it does try it that way.

You should reset the unit every time that you try another tach learn thats what I have found this helps with Ultra

ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks ill try it again this weekend. and ill keep you guys posted...
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic