icon

92 honda accord, alarm/keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crv2005 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I am looking for the location of the RED / black parking lights on a honda accord 92 ex automatic. I know it is around the fuse box, but I cannot seem to find it. I have found a RED / black with silver markings.  Wondering on which plug it is? can anyone help!
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a DMM to test the wire?
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, put I also took out the plug where the wire is plugged , and the lights still went on
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
That doesnt matter because there is more than one place where it is connected to power. the location you are trying to get them at is just one suggested location. and so what does the wire read when you test it?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Pulling the plug , isnt the best way to test for a wire, as ckeeler already mentioned. If you cant find it by the fusebox, you can also get in the drivers kick.
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

Okay I probed it and it tested 11.6V.  Now When I removed it, the dash lights did not work but the Parking lights still worked. 

What you are saying i that if I put 12v, it will light up my parking lights ans dash lights?

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
crv2005 wrote:

Okay I probed it and it tested 11.6V.  Now When I removed it, the dash lights did not work but the Parking lights still worked. 

What you are saying i that if I put 12v, it will light up my parking lights ans dash lights?

Thats exactly what we are saying. give it a try using a lead  with a fuse in it just to be safe. connected to 12v and connect the other end to the suspect wire. the park lights should come on. use a 5 amp fuse too when you test it. let us know and good luck.

mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
You should never remove a plug when testing for wires, especially on newer vehicles. Leave the plug in. Probe the wire with lights off. It should read no voltage. When you turn the swith on, it should show around 12 volts.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
You should never remove a plug when testing for wires, especially on newer vehicles. Leave the plug in. Probe the wire with lights off. It should read no voltage. When you turn the swith on, it should show around 12 volts.

i think thats what he was saying he did. of course i just read into it, so.......maybe i just thought thats what he did to test it.

mikvot 
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
sorry...ckeeler ...you got it covered
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic