icon

2007 chevy silverado classic, viper 5501

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdfuller 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
I had my Viper 5501 professionally installed and I have a few questions. I am really loving the range and the remote. I am a little irritated with the blue LED on the receiver. If I wait too long after unlocking it does not shut off when I turn the key and drive away. It is like it is rearming itself with me inside and the unit then gets confused. I can always hit the unlock key again and then take off and the light will shut off.
The second issue is really strange. Tonight (only time so far) the seat heaters turned on. They were both turned on to the second setting. Now I know the 5501 has a temperature sensor and can tell me the internal temperature of the truck. Has this thing decided it is cold enough to turn on the seat heaters? I have the DEI XK01 and the 2nd accessory relay installed.
So in short my questions are how can I stop the thing from being rearmed so the blue LED does not come on and is this thing smart enough to warm the seats under certain temps or is something screwy?
Thanks folks!
p01110101 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
not sure about the LED, but yes the unit is "smart" enough to turn your heated seats on when the temp. is low enough.
mdfuller 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. That is phenomenal! When they did my last Silverado (04) it was like double the cost to get the seats going. I was in a hurry when it was done, but no one explained to me any of the features. I know how to work around the blue LED - I just have to unlock it again before I put it in gear and it will shut off. Looks like I am all set for another WI winter. Thanks again.
mdfuller 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2008 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry to be a pest, but does anyone know what exactly turns the heated seats on? It was below freezing in the truck yesterday and the heated seats did not come on. It has only happened once and no one can tell me what is suppose to trigger the heated seats.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2008 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
the bypass they used may do it automatically through data. we use xk01 and it will turn on (if equipped) rear defrost, heated seats on low, heated mirrors on that truck
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

the 5501 is not turning on your heated seats... the XK01 is....  it looks for an interior ambient temp of 32F or 0C inside the vehicle

you can unplug the 2 small plugs beside the antenna plug on the brain to disable the LED and the valet switch  ( I always unplug them after learning tach unless it's a combo alarm model )

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
mdfuller 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome. Thanks so much folks. My installer does a very good job, but communication is not their specialty.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic