icon

compustar pro issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jje121 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
On Friday I had the Compustar Pro 2w9000fmr installed in my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. The system works great and has some great range. Here is the problem that I am having. If the truck is running and I turn the key to acc the truck keeps running and after a couple of seconds I get a service 4wd indicator and a service abs light. I also noticed that when the truck is off and turn the the key to acc the auto lights and the dash lights come on. I didn't check but I am pretty sure that this means everything is powered up including the heater fan and other things. I can check this tomorrow morning. Does this mean that the acc wire and the ign. wire are wired wrong.
lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

pretty sure I just did a 04 sierra the other day, there should be 2 ignition wires (pink and white) and both need to be powered or else I believe the issue you are having will pop up.

one other thing I found to be very strange with that truck is that the second accessory wire (brown) tested as accessory but if it remote started it it would not stay running unless I hooked this wire up as a second igntion. anyone ever heard of this?

Hope the info helps

Jonathan

jje121 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. If if the problem is the second ign wire is it something the shop can do quickly?
lostissues 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

all they should have to do is run a wire from the remote start brain and add in a relay to power up the second ignition. I would think maybe half an hour to 45 minutes maybe. depending on the person doing it and how easy it is to get access to the wires off the remstart brain.

Jonathan

subconceptz 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I've heard of that too. Make sure both Ignition and both Acc. wires are hooked up. If not there can be a sevice soon light on or 4WD light on because no power is going to that circuit. Should be an easy fix like said before.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

To become a Compustar Pro dealer... the shop MUST have qualified installers.

Take it back to them and let them fix it. Should be simple!

jje121 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
I stopped by the shop today and fixed the remote starter. It was the brown wire that you guys were talking about. Thank you for all of your help.
lostissues 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

glad to hear you got it all sorted out. enjoy it.

Jonathan

jje121 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
lostissues wrote:

glad to hear you got it all sorted out. enjoy it.

Jonathan

Thank you I Will
purser24 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

I am also having that same problem with the compustar pro on my 2007 GMC sierra classic. Also, if I start my truck with the remote,  after i get in and activate everything it will periodically bottom out my fuel gauge for a few seconds then I get it back. Has anyone ever heard of this?? I am taking it back to the installer next week to get it looked at. He said he just needs to update the filmware in the unit and it should be good to go. I would like to get to the bottom of this before I make the trip to him (3hrs) so that I can prevent anymore trips in the future. Any advice that I could pass on to him would be apreciated.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic