icon

2007 avalon remote start speedometer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

Use the info i gave above for the second starter relay and don't bother with the ground out while running wire....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ira1947 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

Mike welcome back thank you.

Indeed I see a PURPLE - 200ma starter relay turn-on. I will wire it according to the example you gave me. And report back. 

Mr Mike, do you happen to know TACH THRESHOLD value for TACH on Fuel Injector should I do HI or LOW?

Thanks man.

Compustar 2wss
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

Also, I did RED / white aux out to my trunk pop, and it works fine.

Also I did - polarity on my parking lights and wired to blue - on my headlight stick switch on the column. Is that wrong on toyotas do you know? maybe thats what messed up my speedo? 

so to recap

1. for the parking lights is - straight off the switch blue wire,  is that bad?  should I diode that wire? or is it fine hooked to python white wire, neg polarity.

2. Is my trunk pop okay with just straight RED / white - aux out? or do i need to diode that too?

3. Ill get to work on the relay soon.

4. fuel injector tach treshold.  hi or low.

Again, you guys are total lifesavers, thank you anyone who stops by. beacuse she really needs this remote start soon cause its gonna start freezing soon.

Compustar 2wss
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
1. If your light flash seems to be working allright when using the Python remote, it's nothing to worry about.
2. Trunk pop should be allright.
4. You can probably leave tach threshold on high - IIRC some Chrysler engines used a low voltage ignition or something and so DEI put that jumper on. I've done hundreds of DEI remote starts, virtually all of them with a tach connection, and never had to touch that jumper.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

Chriswallace187 Thanks for the heads up, and the advice.

Update tommorow.

Compustar 2wss
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

:::: UPDATE ::::

I woke up this morn ready to go. With MikeM2's printed out instuctables and Chris's reassuring voice.

I got in, started to look around, and what do I see?  Like heavens mana pouring down I see a lil wire split in half, apparently when I man-handled my Firewall Grommet to push thru my TACH WIRE, I severed this brown wire along with it.  Re soldered this BROWN wire and speedo and everything working fine again! SO HAPPY! 

This brown wire must be the speedo wire I guess.......

I kept on wirin' n splicin'.    Hooked up the relay, worked out the box. Oh ya. MIKEM2, Chris187, I appreciate you stickin with me and especially checking back with me on saturday night you guys are great.

HOWEVER.   1 Problem,   My parking lights.   When REMOTE STARTED and  headlight stick in AUTO mode for my vehicle, my FOG LIGHTS BLINK?!?  

I have 2 install manuals, one says DO NOT USE + DO NOT USE - , My other wiring guide says BLUE NEG - , So I used the BLUE NEG on my column. 

So also when I shut off the vehicle with the PYTHON KEYFOB AFTER RS, (not with key) My HEADLIGHTS AND P LIGHTS continue to stay on, and do not turn off within I dunno, the 20 second timeframe when they should turn off normally, has anyone had this issue?

Thanks again. And I wish I could hug the internet.

Compustar 2wss
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Parking lights on an Avalon.....

I have always had issues with this. You cannot use a positive or voltage will backfeed to the BCM. Ok, so use negative. DEI states use a blue wire at the switch, but most the Avalons i have done there is no blue at the switch, and the ones that do never work for me. On Avalons i always use the yellow wire on the flasher relay. This does flas the parking lights tho instead of just being on, BUT, you don't hev the issue you have with the lights staying on if the auto-light switch is turned on.

Now there is actually 3 cures for the lights staying on. 1st, do like i do and use the flasher light wire instead. 2nd, pulse the drivers door switch after the RS turns off. Do this by connecting the drivers door wire to the factory alarm re-arm wire on your RS. This will make the car think the door was opend after the RS turns off, thus starting the timer for the auto-lights. 3rd, add a relay to the auto-light wire at the light switch to break the wire when you use the RS.

It's your choice, all will make the lights go out afterwards....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic