icon

crimestopper post opinion about them.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
So has anyone had bad experiences with Crimestopper like I have or do you just not prefer them because you've heard horror stories? They've been in business for I think around 25 years so you'd think that means they are a quality product..
I understand that ALL product lines will have an issue here and there but I feel the amount of issues I've had is well over the acceptable amount..
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
I to install on the side and only used Crimestopper for a long time,then I started to get a lot of comebacks,remotes,brains,etc.I decided to try some different brands so I purchased 2 autopages:2 omega's and 2 compustars.I installed one autopage in my car and it has been working fine for 9 months now,I installed the other autopage and it never worked from day one so I put the omega in and it has been working fine to.I installed a compustar in my wifes car and no problems yet.I didn't really like the quality of the omega remotes.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
The one thing I do like about Crimestopper is that I've never had trouble returning and getting a unit replaced.. I just read on another post that if you use DEI products you have to be an authorized installer for the warranty to be valid..
Is this true for Omega, Autopage, etc?
This is important since I just do it on the side, I'm not an "authorized" installer I guess..
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
The dealer I get my Omega stuff from just replaced the bad module without a problem. Like you, I only do as a sideline. Here's a tip someone gave me; if you buy locally try to see what's sitting around behind counter. If you see a lot of a certain item or brand being returned it's a good bet you shouldn't buy one.
Ed
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2008 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Do you get yours from a local install shop?
I went on Omega's website last week and emailed them asking how I could become a dealer or where I could purchase their product..
I got NO reply. Nice customer service, eh?
I know a local audio shop installs them and I believe can sell them too.. Just not sure if they would have a large markup.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Still trying to decide which type to give a shot.. I mainly just install two options.. A standard 4 button 1 way, and a 2 way (starters only, no alarms)..
I want to try one out in my truck to give one a shot.. I'll take out the Crimestopper RS1704TWII I have in it now as I'm not really happy with the range I've been getting with it..
Can anyone give me me a make and model number of a good 2 way unit with some solid range so I can see if I can get it off eBay or somewhere else?
Thanks!
jae-d 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
I too learned to install alarms with crimestopper...honestly though,,i think crimestopper is a good alarm for just your basic alarming needs...but they suck when you need it for remote start or anything else. i think bicron alarms are better than the crimestopper..just my thoughts,...
AuDiO ViDeO CoNcEpTs Installer
12125 Day St. Moreno Vallley California
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic