remote start problem, 02 s-10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wire nut 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum and I enjoy working on cars. I had a Code Alarm CA-670 installed in my 02 Chevy S-10. When I use the remote start feature, the truck will start, but then the alarm will go off and killing the start function. It doesn't do this all of the time. I have talked to the installer and was informed the all alarms with remote start have this problem, when it is cold outside.
I think, I was just being brushed off. I am not afraid of the wire monster, so if it involves moving some wires around, I am all for it.
Thanks,
Don Z.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

do you have a alarm starter combo

if you do no your alarm shouldn't go off when you start it

if its a seperate alarm you need to interupt the ignition wire going to the alarm

if its a factory alarm it should disarm with passlock

wire nut 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
The system is an alarm/start combo with 2-way communication. When I bought the truck, it had a factory alarm. A bypass module was added, during the install. I think a wire has been attached to the wrong circuit. The alarm only does this when it is cold out and not all the time.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Needless to say it should NOT be doing that and all remote start al arm combos do NOT do that... Sounds like installer error to me.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

zerepdivad wrote:
Needless to say it should NOT be doing that and all remote start al arm combos do NOT do that... Sounds like installer error to me.

all huh? my audiovox prestige unit does. ive seen and installed tons that will.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
wire nut, what code is the led flashing to tell you what set off the alarm?
wire nut 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
I will have to look, the next time it does it, again. I didn't think to look at that. Good idea! I didn't want to have a hole drilled in the dash, so the LED was put inside the fuse box, located on the side of the dash. The factory alarm has a light in the dash that tells people that it is armed.
Don Z.
wire nut 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
O.K. here is the routine. I press the start button twice. The truck honks two times and the display, on the remote shows the truck starting. The display also shows the doors unlocked. But clearly they are not. As soon as the truck starts, the alarm goes off and the remote start is shut down. I checked the LED, on the aftermarket alarm, and it is a steady flash. No codes showing. Now, I don't know what alarm is going off, because, I had the aftermarket alarm wired into the trucks horn. There is no siren. This only happens when it is cold out, "sometimes". That is why it took me a while to respond to this thread.
Don Z.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
check your hoodpin if you have one. make sure it is not loose and grounding out from vibrations during start up. also try disconnecting the horn from the remote start and if it still goes off then you know it is because of a factory alarm. also check your ground on the alarm
wrenches 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Is it the siren from your aftermarket alarm that is going off, or the horn from your factory alarm?  I would guess from what you wrote that it is the =factory alarm that is sounding and would guess that the wire sent to disarm that is either cold soldered, or not connected.  It should be a light green wire in the purple connector at the BCM under the center of the dash.
Think. It's not illegal yet.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic