icon

99 jeep cherokee xj keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurley842002 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, i'm new to the forum and new to remote start and keyless entry installs. I've installed several stereo's, everything from basic headunits to amps and subs, so i'm not brand new to car electronics, however I just installed the remote start portion of the remote start/keyless entry I just purchased and am stuck on the keyless entry part. I'm having a hard time figuring out which doorlock system I have and rather I need to purchase relays or not. I've got the DIY Ready remote model number 24293, and the vehicle is a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport, if that helps. Thanks alot for any help, and I hope this topic has not been beatin to death.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

if your unit has negative lock ouputs then your good to go.

Lock - Pink/Violet (-) @ DKP

Unlock - ORANGE / Violet (-) @ DKP

hurley842002 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply tedmond, those are the colors of the wires so thanks for clarifying which one is which. I just don't know if I need to purchase and add relays or if I can wire them up to the ready remote control module and be good to go. Thanks again.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2008 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  

as i mentioned before, if the unit has negative 200ma - 500ma outputs then your okay. just take the wires from the unit and wire them right to the wires. the wires you tap into end up triggering relays on the car for locks. so your good to go.

01sesedan 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

if your unit has negative lock ouputs then your good to go.

Lock - Pink/Violet (-) @ DKP

Unlock - ORANGE / Violet (-) @ DKP

Hope you don't mind me asking here. I also have a 99 cherokee sport.
I've follow the instructions but for some reason, (lock) is not working. This is how I have it.
Alarm....Blue wire is -(negative)trigger input to Pink/Violet. (This works and the doors unlock.)
Alarm...Green wire is -(negative) door input to ORANGE / Violet. (This does not lock doors.)
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could you guys point me in the right directions?
Thanks.
Pls, let me know if you need additional information.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

01sesedan wrote:
Hope you don't mind me asking here. I also have a 99 cherokee sport.
I've follow the instructions but for some reason, (lock) is not working. This is how I have it.
Alarm....Blue wire is -(negative)trigger input to Pink/Violet. (This works and the doors unlock.)
Alarm...Green wire is -(negative) door input to ORANGE / Violet. (This does not lock doors.)
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could you guys point me in the right directions?
Thanks.
Pls, let me know if you need additional information.

did you find the wire in the driver side kick panel and did you test it to make sure it was the correct wire?

01sesedan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the wire is on the driver side kick panel.
No, I didn't test it to confirm. My bad, just thought the information was correct. Or maybe something is bad.
If I put a multimeter on the ORANGE / Violet and press the lock button on the door, I should get a reading, correct?
Thanks.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
yea, if you connect the positive lead of your meter to 12v and the other lead to the suspect wire, when you push the button, if its the correct wire it will show 12v on the meter. i only ask if you tested it because there may be more that one wire near that location with that color and the one you have now could be the wrong one.
01sesedan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just tested it but I put the negative lead to ground and the positive to each wire.
Pink/violet shows 12.40 When I push the button, it goes to 00.00 (Unlocks)
ORANGE / violet shows 2.40 Does not lock. When I push the button it goes to 00.00. For some reason this doesn't seem correct. I would think it should display the same but not sure.
I'll try it the way you suggested.
Thanks..
01sesedan 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
DId it how you described and got 12.4 on both wires. Guess Imust be doing something wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic