icon

2005 4door dodge neon wiring and clamp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajan246 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i'm doing an install on a 2005 4 door dodge neon. I'm putting in aftermarket actuators (DEI's) and an ASTRA 600. I looked at some wiring diagrams for the car and it looks like it only has trigger wires for the two front doors, but what about the rear doors? Do they run on the same trigger wires? The diagram tells me to diode isolate the trigger wire which is fine but if all 4 doors run on 2 trigger wires do I need 4 diodes or 2?
Also I ran into a bit of a problem with my actuator clamps. The door rod on the neon is far to thick for my clamp to fit on there to secure it to the actuator rod. Any other ideas on what i can use? Some type of different clamp of some sort? (I aint welding it).
Thanks in advance,
-Ajan246
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
LF LatchTAN(-)IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL
2005 4door dodge neon wiring and clamp - Last Post -- posted image.RF LatchBLUE/ORANGE(-)IN HARNESS IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL

Blue/orange should cover all doors except drivers so you only need 2 diodes total.  on the actuators i've used a split bolt.  its just a nut and bolt but it has a slot in it so you slide it on the factory rod and the actuator rod and then tighten the nut so it "sandwiches" together nice and tight.  good luck

ajan246 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2008 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
ahh! You're a genius! So hard trying to find something that works! Googling things like actuator connector and things like that! Genius! Does a homedepot or Lowes carry something like that? or do I need to go to an electrical supplier?
jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know if home depot has them or not but they should.  by the way this is the same guy i just changed my tag line
jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

i guess i didnt change my signature.............nevermind

ajan246 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
hey man i went to HD and they had them in tons of different sizes! Thanks for the tip! I'm doing this install for my GF, you saved me some embarassement 2005 4door dodge neon wiring and clamp - Last Post -- posted image. 2005 4door dodge neon wiring and clamp - Last Post -- posted image. 2005 4door dodge neon wiring and clamp - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic