polar start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mickoes 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2008 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
I have recently baught a car with a Polar Start remote. It was working fine until recently (it was cold outstairs -25*C). I was trying to start my car with the remote but I had no response - even if I was right next to the receptor.
The red light is still flashing when I press a button but I have no response from the car. I'm suspecting the remote to be deprogrammed and I want to fix it.
The remote is kinda old and I don't have the original manual. I heard that Polar Start has been baught by Autostart but I just can't find my model in their list.
Here's more information on my remote:
Brand : Polar Start (2BTNS)
FCC ID : NAH121 (same one than the Prostart model)
CAN 2678 102 560
Looks like the Prostart model NAH121 but there are some small design differences.
I have found this thread on the forum but I don't know if it applies to my remote starter : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=21779&get=last
Thank you for your help
Michael
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
The remote won't have lost programming. Check for a valet switch under the dash. There is also a hoodpin switch that if broken or stuck could be causing the problem. Check the battery in the remote. Just because it flashes the LED doesn't mean it is any good.
sparky
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
could be one of those cheapo remote starters that quit working when it gets really cold.  The antenna freezes or the brain freezes and they no longer work until it warms back up.
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
actually polar start is a brand of compustar's. cycle the key 5 times and pull the key out then hold the lock button to program. although as mentioned already it's not likely for that to be the problem.
jinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

sparkie wrote:
The remote won't have lost programming. Check for a valet switch under the dash. There is also a hoodpin switch that if broken or stuck could be causing the problem. Check the battery in the remote. Just because it flashes the LED doesn't mean it is any good.

definitely check the battery. valet is usually indicated by a solid LED though. also if it was in valet, so long as locks are hooked up it will still lock and unlock the car. it is further possible that the pager's no good anymore. look it up, you can buy a compustar remote for your polar start. try reprogramming the pager first, then check your wires next.

mickoes 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice. The remote was working fine at long distance and stopped working all of the sudden. I don't think it's the battery, aren't they supposed to lose their efficiency over time?
I'll check the valet, but before I need to get more information on the subject because I'm very new to these kind of things.
Thanks for your help!
wrenches 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
jinstall misread your post and is giving you instructions for polar starts.  Your Prostart is a member of the Autostart family.  Does anything happen at all when using your remote?  Park light flashes?  A real quick check is to just disconnect your battery for 30 seconds or so.  Of course you will have to re-set your clock etc. afterwards.
Think. It's not illegal yet.
jinstall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

wrenches wrote:
jinstall misread your post and is giving you instructions for polar starts.  Your Prostart is a member of the Autostart family.  Does anything happen at all when using your remote?  Park light flashes?  A real quick check is to just disconnect your battery for 30 seconds or so.  Of course you will have to re-set your clock etc. afterwards.

actually man you misread. he has a polar start and thiought it was an autostart brand but was mistaken. he even gave a model number for his polar start.

mickoes 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Everybody,
A quick update, the problem is now fixed. We have found the switch under the dash in the fuse panel (little red switch). Flipping it from ON to OFF and then OFF to ON solved my problem.
Actually, I think that my remote starter stopped working after the mechanic unplugged the battery when inspecting the car.
Anyway, you guys helped me a lot and this thread may help others as well.
Thank again,
Michael

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic