icon

adding onto python 700, need assistance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rodman9173 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to wiring. Car audio is an absolute breeze, and I was able to, slowly but surely; install my DEI Python 700 alarm two years ago. It took me all day, morning to night, but i was able to get it done with zero faults. Now after making major upgrades both on the exterior and interior of my car, I've decided to make some serious additions to my Python 700.

The Python 700 has the following available:

- 2 Pin Plug-In : Currently used for my LED(that came with the alarm) Sticking out my dash

- 3 Pin Plug-In : Not occupied, used to plug the Programmer into.

- 4 Pin Plug-In : Comes with two Optional Sensor inputs.

- Have stock Dei 514 siren installed.

Ideally, what I'd like to do(if possible) is the following:

- Add either, 5 Blue Dei LED's or 3 Alarm LED Scanners to line the front of my dash right below the windshield(to improve visual deterant).

- Add Dei 515R Back-Up Battery/Siren

- Add Dei 513T Mini Piezo Siren

- Install Dei 520T Back-Up Battery For Alarm

- Install Dei 507M Tilt Sensor (3 Pin According to Crutchfield.com)

- Install Dei 508D Prox Sensor ( 4 Pin According to Crutchfield.com)

- Install Dei 509U Ultrasonics Sensor (4 Pin According to Crutchfield.com)

So my questions and issues are:...

1) How To Wire Multiple LED's or Scanners Together. ( to improve visual deterant)

2) How To Wire Multiple Sirens Together Including Stock Dei 514, With One including it's own Back-Up Battery built in.

3) Is the Tilt Sensor a 3 Pin Harness? AND can I Plug it into the Programmer/Bit Writer's Port/Input To the Brain???

4) Is anything of this impossible, or CANT be done??

Thank You!!!!!

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
you are going to need to use a relay to drive all of those LED's. the two wires going to the LED, one i believe is a constant 12v and the other pulses negative. use the wire that pulses to drive a relay. if you are trying to use scanners too then you need to wire those separately using the orange ground when armed wire as a trigger for a relay so that the scanner will turn on and stay on while armed.
the bit writer port is ONLY for the bit writer and nothing else
im not sure about the back-up battery/siren but if you want to wire multiple sirens and piezos together you will also be needing a relay.
is your vehicle a convertible? if not, the prox sensor will be almost useless unless the windows are down. a glass break sensor is a much better investment, IMO.
birdman38 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have been researching and experimenting with my DEI Viper 350hv, and upgraded it to the 690xv model doing several modifications and custom work. The two pin plug for the LED is generally designed to only push one led. You can try connecting a relay in sequence with all the leds you wish to add. I would have to research that more. The 4 pin plug in.. RED / blk/GREEN/ blue can be wired to two sensors. For example.. if you purchase a Prox sensor (508d).. use that harness to do the following; cut the blue wire of the harness at a point where you would like to make connections.. take the blue wire on the 508d harness end and tap it into the green wire that goes to the brain. You can then connect the blue wire from the tilt sensor (507M) to the loose blue wire on the other harness going back to the brain. You now have two sensors plugging into the brain. The 3 pin on the 507m plugs into the sensor itself.. you will take the red wire from the tilt and connect it into a constant 12v power..which can also be the red wire of the 508d.. and the orange wire will tap into the orange wire that comes of of the brain (ground when armed). We can now take the blue wire of the tilt sensor and tap into the blue wire we freed up on the other harness going to the brain. The Blue wire will report zone 1, and the green wire trigger will report zone 2. I wouldn't bother with the Ultrasonic 509U. These are used generally to detect pressure changes or movement of air in your vehicle.. ie a window gets smashed. otherwise, if you leave your windows down or cracked and its windy, it may false trigger your alarm. I had a Glass breakage sensor 506T connected at one time but took it off due to false alarms. If someone breaks your glass, they will trigger the instant trigger on your prox sensor anyway. And if your shock sensor is mounted in a good location, that would pick it up also. The battery backup 520t is easy to connect. The red wire from the backup battery goes to contant 12v, black to ground obviously, and then the gray wire connects to the red wire 12v from the brain. The blue wire from the 520t battery backup can connect to the blue wire (-) input of the alarm brain. Wiring multiple sirens can be done with a relay. I have one under my front headlight, and one underneath my tailight in the bumper..both facing down. (Loud) You will connect the relay to a constant 12v, the brown trigger wire from the brain to the relay, both red siren wires to the relay at same connection, and you will also have to ground the relay. The sirens can be grounded separately or at the same place on the chassis. I forget which wires connect to which on the relay. I have it written down if you need that. You should not need a relay to connect a backup battery siren. Many of these sensors come with good basic instructions. As far as the Leds, I have the one from the brain mounted centered in my dash above deck, and I have one in the back window. I bought an additional Blue Varad Flashing Led on ebay. I connected the red and black to proper connections, and then the yellow wire of this led to the orange of the alarm brain. Or you can do this as a little trick that is kinda fancy. You can connect the yellow wire of the Blue Varad led to a vehicle accesory wire that grounds when you shut off the ignition. That way it will blink in case you forget to arm your alarm.. or for some reason the alarm led stops working etc. I went about the Leds this way to avoid using a   relay. And the Varad Led is a piercing bright blue. They also have red. It literally lights up my interior when it blinks. I wouldn't go all out and put leds everywhere in your car.. people will probably think you're crazy. The two work fine for me. Generally, I think it is more how you install everything opposed to going all out. I took weeks doing my system looming and hiding all the wires, putting sirens and sensors in inaccesible areas, my backup battery is installed inside my kick panel, the brain is velcroed behind the tachometer way up in the dash.. I made sure the ignition harness is loomed and hard to cut open and pull out wires to access the starter kill. Just make sure everything looks factory as close as possible. Any dangling wires of different colors is a giveaway to pro thieves. They know it generally leads to power supply or brain and they can cut them quickly. Even if the alarm is sounding. I hope some of these thoughts help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Just a point, if you install a battery back up siren then you shouldn't need a battery back-up for the alarm. You're also talking too mnany sensors, they will interfere with each other plus read the above two posts.
birdman38 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2008 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
As long as sensors are isolated with diodes.. you could put as many as you want on the alarm..but it would be pointless to have that many anyway. The battery backup siren will only trigger if the siren wires get cut.. I went with the 520t alarm battery back up. I figure if the thieve decides to cut the battery cable..that will re trigger the alarm. I doubt they will stick around to find the siren wires and cut them. If they manage to find the ones loomed in the engine compartment and cut them.. I still have the rear siren for them to figure out.. along with a piezo siren under the dash.
birdman38 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
If you want to hook up some multiple sirens (2 for example) here are the connections using a standard bosch relay..
Black siren wires to same or different ground
Red siren wires to 87(yellow relay wire)
Brown siren output wire from Brain to 86(black relay wire)
And 30(blue relay wire) connect to constant 12v. you can splice into red 12v wire on brain if that is easier. Hope this helps.
The white wire on the relay (85) is connected to ground.
Red relay wire not used in this cicuit. Cut or de-pin it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic