the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 791xv, can't even manual start car?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joejoe3 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I had my viper 791xv installed couple years ago, recently the auto starter stopped working.
So I went over the install manual of the alarm, under troubleshooting it ask me to check the 2x 30A fuse on the red wire. I noticed one of the fuse holder was rotating freely and it was because the legs were broken off inside, so i took it apart and rigged up a connection to a 30A fuse to try it out.
Now, there's no response from the remote to the car, no signal to the brain. I try manually starting the car and the starter won't even engage. My radio doesn't turn on, there's no acc. power either.
I'm really lost and don't know what to do! my car is in the garage now and i can't even drive it!
Please help!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
Did you possibly arc one of the leads to ground when attempting to repair that fuse holder? Did you check the fuses near the battery? On that vehicle the fuse box is mounted to the drivers fender. If you can't find it there, let us know what kind of vehicle you have and we can probably help you locate the fuse box.
joejoe3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks, my car is a 2003 Acura RSX TypeS.

It's just werid I can't even start the car, in the meantime if i can't fix it, disconnecting the brain would it help? If so, where do i start? Unplug the harnesses?

jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
you need to let us know what kind of car you have.  It sounds like you blew an ignition feed fuse in the car itself.....at this point forget about the remote start unit and figure out what factory fuse has blown or you need to check for constant power at your ignition harness.  Depending on the type of vehicle there may be 2 constant power wires and from what you describe one of them is not hot at this time due to a possible blown fuse
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
where you able to find to main fuses for the car, not the RS?
joejoe3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

I havn't been able to find the main fuse yet. Actually i havn't check all the fuses in the car, but i did check the ig. coil fuse and the acc. fuse which was fine. I'm able to turn on my head lights, dome lights, etc. When i turn the key, there's no power to the radio though.

What other factory fuse should i be checking? Also in the instruction manual it ask me to check the 3A fuse (*which i have no clue where this fuse is for the 791xv)

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
You should probably check the large fusible links. I would imagine that the main feed to the ignition switch is fused by one of them, and not a mini fuse.
It definitely sounds like you blew that main ignition switch feed, if the radio doesn't work with the key (and presuming the dash lights don't come on in the "run" position and the car doesn't crank when the key is turned all the way.)
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
joejoe3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

Yea no dash light, radio when i turn the key

if i blew the main ignition switch feed, it's just a fuse right? Any idea where I can find this fuse on my car? (03 acura rsx-s)

Thanks!

joejoe3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

viper 791xv, can't even manual start car? -- posted image.

Would it be fuse #20 i'm looking at [ Ignition switch (BAT) ]?

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
it could be but your best bet is just to check all of them. more than likely it will be a bigger fuse, but it more advanced cars it could be any little fuse that makes the car not start. fuses that you wouldn't think would make that car not start so just check as many as you can find. also dont just look at the fuse because it might be hard to tell just by looking at it, you should test each one with a multimeter with continuity. hope that helps
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic