icon

need a monster 12'' or 15'' subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
   RE XXX.......just sold one yesterday it was the 12" its going into a home theatre setup..................my boss has one RE MX 12' he hit 153.8
car0linab0y 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I think i've narrowed it down... found a good deal on a Powerbass Xtreme and a Cerwin Vega Stroker.  the guy with the PB said he'd hold it for me.  I really want that stroker though.  Still time for recommendations, waiting on people to pay me for the stuff they bought.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not bashing the W7 at all. There are many drivers that will outperform the sub for much less money...Enjoy your ride on your high horse with your W7 though.
Custom Enclosure Design
diesel2017 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
my friend has 1 15" stroker pro series sub in a box that he built directly from the specs the technician from cerwin vega told him over the phone........i believe it has close to 3 cubic ft inside the box which is sealed......everyone had been telling him to use more space with ported box but he chose to do it the way the tech told him and it sounds to me like the guy knows his doodie.........he's running 2500 watts to it and its so loud its just uncalled for......he hit 161 db i believe......dont quote me on that but im pretty sure thats what he said it was.......
diesel
car0linab0y 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
decisions decisions... need a monster 12'' or 15'' subwoofer - Page 2 -- posted image.  sooner i get rid of all this stuff accumulating in my living room the sooner this will all be over.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

The ONLY subwoofer i have seen take upwards of 4,000 watts on a daily basis is the FI BTL. If your serious about using all that power look into ficaraudio.com. and im willing to bet that there is no way 1 stroker hit 161 on a REAL meter. :) without some MAJOR modifications to the vehicle.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
diesel2017 wrote:
my friend has 1 15" stroker pro series sub in a box that he built directly from the specs the technician from cerwin vega told him over the phone........i believe it has close to 3 cubic ft inside the box which is sealed......everyone had been telling him to use more space with ported box but he chose to do it the way the tech told him and it sounds to me like the guy knows his doodie.........he's running 2500 watts to it and its so loud its just uncalled for......he hit 161 db i believe......dont quote me on that but im pretty sure thats what he said it was.......
your friend isn't even near 150db...sorry to bust your bubble
Custom Enclosure Design
diesel2017 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2008 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
honestly i dont really care if he is or isnt so your not bursting my bubble....If you READ AGAIN i said DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT.......meaning i could be wrong but so what if i was...thats why all the "EXPERTS" or the ones that think they are can post on here and verify it. I was just trying to give my opinion on how the stroker pro sounds and for being one sub in a tahoe, it POUNDS.
diesel
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2008 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
DO NOT WASTE THE $$$ ON THE CV OR THE PB! The CV is an output woofer ONLY, and they sound like crap. They'll do 60Hz all day long, and that's about it. NEVER in my life have I heard a decent sounding CV setup, and I've heard MANY CV installs.
The PowerBass is Swap-o-Rama gear. EXPENSIVE Swap-o-Rama gear, but cheesy, nonetheless. The RE is the best thing you have mentioned so far.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
car0linab0y 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2008 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
DO NOT WASTE THE $$$ ON THE CV OR THE PB! The CV is an output woofer ONLY, and they sound like crap. They'll do 60Hz all day long, and that's about it. NEVER in my life have I heard a decent sounding CV setup, and I've heard MANY CV installs.
The PowerBass is Swap-o-Rama gear. EXPENSIVE Swap-o-Rama gear, but cheesy, nonetheless. The RE is the best thing you have mentioned so far.

and as far as pushing it... which of these brands would you recommend?

alphasonik, soundstream, performance teknique, us amps.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic