icon

compustar priority driver's unlock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeep_db2 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Installing a Compustar 2W900FM in a 93 Acura Integra. The unit has a driver's priority unlock feature that I'd like to hook up. Compustar won't give me info because I'm not a dealer (just DYI in my own car).
Can anyone tell me how this get's wired up?
Anthony
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
what type of locking system do you have, i'm not familiar with that vehicle.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
it must be actuator 5W. i had a 93 integra as well and it had no power locks. i knew some others that had that car as well and they didnt have power locks.
jeep_db2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
It's does have factory power door locks. It's negative switched.
what else do you need to know?
Anthony
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok, so you take the alarm negative lock trigger an the second unlock negative trigger to the lock an unlock wires respectively, then your primary unlock wire goes through a relay to the driver side acftuator unlock, of course assuming if u have central unlocking u eliminated it. merry christmas
jeep_db2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Can you expand on that a bit, I'm still a bit confused.
Anthony
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
ok, the two trigger wires in ur car from the factory locking module, one pulses ground to lock and the other ground to unlock, they will have constant voltage on them at rest, (the voltage varies so i won't say what they read at rest), but both wires will have around the same readin at rest, the one that goes to zero when you lock, you connect your lock wire to that, the one that goes to ground when you unlock connect your second unlock to, then locate ur actuator wires,  (easily accesible behind driver door panel), one pules 12volts when you lock and the other 12 when u unlock, (they read ground at rest), the one that pulses 12 when u unlock is the one you need, cut the wire an install a relay, using the primary unlock wire. not sure if i helped, probably there's someone who can make it simpler.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Here's the diagram for 5W rest at ground, which is how your driver's door unlock will get connected. (More details past the image.)
compustar priority driver's unlock? - Last Post -- posted image.
For your primary unlock you'll use the left half of that diagram. The main unlock wire from the Compustar goes to pin 86 or 85(it doesn't matter which terminal unless there's a diode across the terminals).
The "unlock" wire on the car(shown as pink in the picture) will be your driver's door unlock motor lead, which would probably be yellow with a stripe on a Honda product. This wire will show 12 volts when the unlock switch is pressed, and 0V otherwise. Also when it is cut the driver's door power lock will stop working but other doors will still work.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2008 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

from the compustar unit. take the lock wire and connect that to BLACK/ RED  (-) @ PKP for lock

take the unlock and wire that to BLACK/ WHITE (-) @ PKP for unlock (second stage unlocks all doors on second press)

driver priority unlock from compustar to a relay wired like so.

85 - constant 12v (fusing is optional at 5 amps to protect relay)
86 - driver priority unlock from compustar
CUT THE WIRE FROM SWITCH TO DOORLOCK ACTUATOR
87a - unlock wire switch side on car
87 - constant 12v
30 - unlock wire motor side on car(this can be in the door, but often can be found in the kick panel if you poke around long enough)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic