the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

02 honda civic, scytek galaxy 5100rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

there is a member that deals with audiovox alot. im trying to think of the name but dont remember.

i just remember his name starts with an M

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 perhaps?
Alscrx, as far as the shock sensor I think you could end up just interrupting the green and the blue wires(I'm assuming that the red is 12V, black is ground, and therefore those 2 would be triggers).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
alscrx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

So today i installed Scytek Galaxy 5100RS with bypass. Everything works as its supposed to except the door triggers. Its a 2002 civic coupe. I connected both door triggers to the one alarm wire and they will not cause the alarm to trigger when armed and doors opened. Not sure why....would not using 2 diodes cause this?

I checked for voltage and i got nothing! Its a (-)negative trigger door trigger. I put the voltmeter to a +12 and then to the trigger and opened the door....still no voltage shows up!

I can't figure this out.

I even tried to open the doors seperate to rule out a bad switch and neither door will set off the alarm! 

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
if you have diodes on the lines, the bars of the diode must be towards the door wires of the car, kinda obvious but just to make sure so we can work from there.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
alscrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

Well i didn't diode isolate since there are only 2 doors. But if i have to then i will do so.

But would that cause the doors to not trigger the alarm when opened?

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Just to clarify, alscrx, you've connected both the driver's and passenger's door trigger on the car to the green (-) door trigger input on the Scytek?
The door triggers should be green(driver's) and lt. GREEN/ red(passenger's) in a green plug above the driver's kick panel. Are these the wires you're using?
alscrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

Yes sir, i connected from the oem green alarm plug....both green wire and LTGREEN/ red to the Scytek green (-)door trigger wire.

Does connecting both without diodes cause a problem?

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Theoretically it shouldn't matter that the diodes aren't there, which is rather confusing. It's good practice in any case to use the diodes(the purpose of them is to keep the door circuits on the car isolated so that it knows specifically which door is open).
When you say you're metering those 2 wires, are you metering them at the Scytek alarm or at the green plug?
alscrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

I was using the voltmeter to test for a ground when open, At the door switch itself, and the green oem alarm plug. I checked both wires for a constant ground and i got nothing.

But the dome light comes on when i open the door so it shouldbe reading ground.

chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm...you're using the red probe of your meter to 12V constant, and the black probe on the door triggers, and no change when the door's opened? This is bizarre because it shouldn't be remotely that hard to find door wires on this car. Stupid suggestion, but check your meter to make sure the probes are in the right spots, and it's on DC 20V or the equivalent setting.
Also are you letting the alarm stay armed for a minute or so before testing the door trigger?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic