remote start, no climate control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
btj01 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Finished installing a Viper 560xv today in a 2000 Toyota Rav4. All works perfect except climate control and gauge cluster on remote start, the radio comes on but no AC/Heat or blower motor. Put the key in and turn to "On" and they come right on. Checked my connections 3 times, Blue/Red to +Acc, Black to Primary Ign, BLACK / YELLOW to 2nd Ign.
Am I missing something?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

Don't check your connections check your voltages.  Are all your ignition and accessory relays outputting 12vdc when the vehicle is remote started?

According to this: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/2120.html the proper ignition wires are BLACK/ white and BLACK / YELLOW.  Did you verify the ignition and accessory wires with a meter before making connections?

Kevin Pierson
btj01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2008 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Thank You KPierson,
Makes sense, I will check the volts with the rem. start on now. I did check them prior to installation and all checked out. I was rushed with this job, I have 2 wiring diagrams that show Black as Primary Ign, I have 1 that shows BLACK/ White as Primary. Your link also shows BLACK/ White as Primary, this could be my problem, customer will bring back Wed.
Thank You KP
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ignition 1          BLACK/ WHITE          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS SMALL GAUGE WIRE          
Ignition 2          BLUE / YELLOW          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS SMALL GAUGE WIRE          
Accessory 1          BLUE/RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS SMALL GAUGE WIRE
btj01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much another-kelly and KPierson. I hope to get back on Friday and try to add the BLACK/ White wire. Hope that does it, makes sense, my diagram(s) didn't show it and I honestly can't remember if I checked before I started install. Kept getting interrupted all day, didn't think I'd ever finish. Thanks again.
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'm a little confused why the first thing people didn't say is that you clearly have your second ignition powered from your acc out on the starter instead of the 1st acc. the 1st acc does the heater while the second usually does radio and other lights. it's rare that you need to hook up both accessory wires in order for it to remote start. you just have the wrong one powered up.
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
yet here I am making a genius of myself because you guys are right. acc runs through ignition on toyotas. can't say how I forgot that. ignition will definitely be the problem then.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic