icon

lanzar, legacy, pyramid, etc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
I had no idea where they came up with that name until I saw my first KenFord radio. It seems they both got their name from KenWood and RockFord.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
"KenFord"? what the!!?? haha. i still havnt seen one of those yet.
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
The unit I saw about 10 years ago was a radio, I just stumbled across an amp,  http://www.ghettoinstalls.com/  click on ghetto products    fourth picture down.
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

They really have some good ideas on that website, take this one for instance, I have been having trouble getting my front stage to a desireable height.  Before I found this picture there, I had no idea what I was to do.  Now it is clear to me what I need to do.

lanzar, legacy, pyramid, etc - Page 2 -- posted image.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
yes, yes! pure genius i must say! ill try it too, and post pics to boot!
thejetmolina 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

your right a 10 inch sub can win competition doors closed windows closed im sure every panel had a material like dynamat in it so there will be nothing heard outside the car al the sound stayed in the car and that is how it is measured. i drive with my windows down, i dont have any dampning so whether its the highs or the lows its loud and hits hard except for the dampning within my sub boxes which makes it hit harder and clearer but you guys should aready know that. im just sayin its not fair to call budget products crap just because you are comparing them to high end audio. im not arguing with you i agree you cannot compare legacy to mtx or to some other manufacturers but to call a company like sony crap. even though a company like giovanna only had sony sound products in their  07 navigator so sony must be doin something right.

Beep Beep who got the keys to the Jeep
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

The comment about the products being crap needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  He says everything is crap.  Don't get all worked up about it.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
The comment about the products being crap needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He says everything is crap. Don't get all worked up about it.
Who...? Me...? lanzar, legacy, pyramid, etc - Page 2 -- posted image. If so, I didn't say it first! LOL
aznboi3644 wrote:
don't matter...all of those products are still crap.
haemphyst wrote:
Two blocks away? Wow... What kind of distortion were you "pumping out"? Guaranteed 10% or better. Those products ARE crap, and I can bad-mouth them, as I HAVE had experience with them.
Why are you only using one channel? Oh, wait... the OTHER channel is BLOWN, right?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't even notice that YOU said they were crap.  Sorry about the confusion.  You were not the one.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
yeah...i still stand by my statement. Saying those products are quality equipment would be like saying Grizzly Adams had a beard.
Custom Enclosure Design
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic