icon

how to make sub box in bed of my truck?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
squeakerman3c 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone please help me out here. im trying to build a box in the bed of my truck with a port through the cab. i was thinking of putting 2 or 4 10's facing backwards(towards the tailgate) but i cant seem to find specs on how to make such a box like that. seems like all the boxes have the ports facing the same way as the woofer. i prefer that there be a plexiglass so i can put neons in it but if its not possible, then anything will do as long as i can get a diagram to make the box. i will have a tonneau cover and i really dont wanna use the whole bed because i am also putting air bags so im gonna have to cut out a section in the middle of the bed. please if anyone can help me out pls send me a link or a diagram so i can start building the box. thanks in advance.
Accept only the best, No Substitutions!
calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
i would just recommend doing a cut through. just make the back board with a plexi glass no less than 3/4". inside just mount them either in or out. youll be able to see them throught the plexi. that would be the best. what kind of truck you working on?
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
squeakerman3c 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

2007 Sierra new body style. i really dont want to cut out the whole thing out...really just wanted it ported.  http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/0511tr_trick_woofer_setup_silverado/index.html   something like this. unfortunately it doesnt show how they made the port in the back of the box. any other suggestions

Accept only the best, No Substitutions!
wass0026 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
We did numerous setups like the one you have pictured at my old shop. The photo you supplied is most likely a bandpass enclosure and not ported, which with the subwoofer orientation you desire is probably your best bet. The best place to start on building one of these enclosures is to call the manufacture of your woofers and tell them your desires. They will give you the recommended enclosure volumes needed. The only way to do the enclosure you want with a ported design is by thinking about the box with reverse mounted woofers. Your sheet of plexi would be the backplate on your box. For this type of enclosure you must make sure that your cut through is not restricting air flow. This would once again lead us into a bandpass design. The cut through must be about the full size of the box. In this instance, from the inside of the cab you would be able to see both the exit sides of the ports and also the magnet side of your woofers. Depending on your woofers your box size gets really big with a bandpass enclosure. One setup I did that illustrates this was a setup in a Ford F150 with two Kicker Solo X 18's. The box's total volume was 18 and a half cubic feet. This extended the whole length of the bed minus about two feet. This would make your C notch for your bags extremely difficult. My best suggestion to you would be to do the c notch on the truck first and get all your bag equipment. Most likely once you get your tank and compressors your going to want to display these as well. You might end up finding yourself wanting to change you design a little. Lastly if your dropping the truck to the frame you may need to relocate your fuel tank into the bed. This will also demand some space. Determine if you need to relocate the fuel tank, if you do your most likely gonna need to settle with two 10's versus four simply due to the space demands. When doing all the things you want a lot of pre-planning can save you a fortune in time, money, and frustration.
airhed692005 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Well I took the time to design something for you. This box with a cut throw port just like you wanted. There is 4 10" and it looks just like the other ones but as a computer look to it. It you would like me to make a blueprint of this box let me know. If you like it and want to change something I can do that too. Got the specs of your truck on the internet so they should be very close to the real thing. I got different angles as well 3-D model. Let me know what you thank.
how to make sub box in bed of my truck? - Last Post -- posted image.
how to make sub box in bed of my truck? - Last Post -- posted image.
Ronald Bailey Owner/ Installer of VIBRATION CUSTUM SOUNDS. CUSTOM BOX DESIGNER AND BUILDER
TID-896 7" screen,Amp-BX1206d
4/0power/ground cables
4-12 mofos 12ft3 box tuned 40hz DB:163.1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic