09 honda fit sport 5mt alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tobey457 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

If you are looking for a (-) door pin then you would place your red lead on 12vdc and your black lead on the suspect wire.  With the door closed you won't read any voltage, with the door open you will read 12vdc. 

Another question I have (may sound stupid) - when you say doors closed / doors open, do you mean the doors are physically open or closed? Or are we talking about the doors being locked / unlocked?

tobey457 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
what kind of vehicle do you have?

Hi,

I have a 2009 Honda Fit Sport with a manual transmission. I posted awhile ago and tried to find a wiring diagram, but had no luck. The 2009 Fit is completely different than the 2008, so it may be hard to locate the wiring info being a new model?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

The door pin detects when doors are physically opened or closed.  Some Hondas do have a wire that tells the car if the doors are phyiscally locked or unlocked (and said signal triggers the OEM alarm if you manually unlock the door) but that is NOT the signal you want.

Basically, the alarm is looking to see if a door is actually opened.

Kevin Pierson
tobey457 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

The door pin detects when doors are physically opened or closed.  Some Hondas do have a wire that tells the car if the doors are phyiscally locked or unlocked (and said signal triggers the OEM alarm if you manually unlock the door) but that is NOT the signal you want.

Basically, the alarm is looking to see if a door is actually opened.

Awesome, makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification - it's always good to have the knowledge of how to test the wires properly (stuff that I'm learning as I go).

So I'm still having an issue finding this wire. I got my wiring info from a forum member on the Fit forums, and I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong spot, or if there was a typo in that info he gave me, but I can't find this wire to save my life. From the info that I have it's a pink wire in the driver's kick panel, which is in the same plug as my other door connections... but I've probed and metered every pink wire in the car it seems, with no luck.

Would anyone have access to the 2009 Honda Fit Sport manual transmission wiring diagram? The 2009 is a newly designed model, so it is different than the 2008 model. Any help would be appreciated!

tobey457 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

Bump!

Would anyone have access to the 2009 Honda Fit Sport manual transmission wiring diagram? The 2009 is a newly designed model, so it is different than the 2008 model. Still need to find that (-) door trigger.

Any help would be appreciated!

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

tobey457 wrote:
...but I've probed ...every pink wire in the car it seems, with no luck.

What are you probing with?

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

rf-lt green

lf-blue

trunk-orange

these are all in a long plug at top of fuse box there are three segments one blue one green and white

the top three are in the blue

lr-pink

rr-green

these are in the green segment

tobey457 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Kevin,

I've been using a voltmeter to test with. So the back story - I got the original wiring list and it said that the pink wire for the door trigger would be in with the other door wires, so I've probed all of those pink wires coming from the door, with no luck. I am only able to play on the weekends because we don't have a garage, so I have to use my father's, so I haven't had a chance to go and check any of the other wires to see if I can find a door trigger. Not to mention my voltmeter has huge leads, and some of these plugs are tiny, so it slows down progress.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info, this is exactly what I need. I'm assuming that these are individual triggers. If I want to protect all of the doors, how would I wire my H18 wire from the alarm?

I've installed several alarms, and I've never had this much of an issue. I want to say thank you to everyone for all of your help thus far.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic