icon

99 accord v6 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dantheman89 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 That I have been battling with now for what seems like forever.  I have installed a 562t and a 555h passkey.  I know that all connections are made properly.  Here is the issue that I am having, The remote start will only work sometimes.  It engages every time and no matter where the cranking time is set it doesn't matter.  Whats funny is if I put a battery charger on the car and remote start it, it will start every time.  I can always start the car with the key reguardless of charger or not. Please Help me resolve this.

Daniel

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
i would try getting the power for 562t from an other source like run a dedicated line from the battery. and you should use the tach diagnostic plug for a true tach wire it is a blue single wire plug usually found on either strut tower inside engine bay. and make sure your grounds are solid.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
dantheman89 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

I have got all of the power points including the passkey on the positive battery terminal.  The tach wire on this vehicle is different than what i have seen.  When turning the ignition on the wire shows 12v there is no variation with RPM.  So it didnt make a difference whether I did voltage or tach sense.

Daniel

djfearny2 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
ok well when you can measure the batteries voltage when you are resting. key off dorrs closed etc. battery might not be strong enough. and the key even tho you may not think it but you hold the crank longer than most times that rs systems can be programmed. so those extra second on the low battery might be just enough., just a thot.
Jon
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
xplorin16 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
If your tach connection doesnt fluctuate with rpm then it is not the right wire, keep testing and look for variation.
Advanced MECP
bak0707 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
if the car always start with the key and only sometimes with the r/s then that means that the cars battery is getting weak. my car has done this to me and as soon as i replaced the battery it started everytime with the r/s.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  

Are you setting your meter to AC Volts, to measure the tach? It's not DC.

Just a thought!

Good Enough Isn't!
dantheman89 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I havent done one of these in a while your right the tach wire is AC instead of DC probably had the right wire the whole time. 99 accord v6 remote start problem -- posted image.  Also I forgot to mention one additional thing in the beginning of the post.  It will also start everytime if I have the key in the ignition(reguardless of additional power).  but also everytime without the key as long as I have an additional power source connected (battery charger).  Just doesnt make a lot of since.  This is the first honda I have done an maybe the last.  LOL Amercian Vehicles are easy ive done dozens of them.  This is my girlfriends car so I can keep trying stuff with no time limit. 

Thanks,

Daniel

djfearny2 
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
your 555h might be funky/. the car is generally very easy
Jon
dantheman89 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
also just a quick thing the car was actually manufactured in 10/98 Would that make a difference?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic