icon

commando remote starter setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
73stingray 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing a commando ez-2500 remote starter on my 99 grand am and as far as I can tell all the wires are hooked up right, but for some reason I cannot program the key fobs to the unit itself. I can get into the program mode, and it does sound the horn confirming that, but the LED will not light up and the remote will not do anything. It will just time out after 15 seconds and exit program mode. The LED works when I put 12 volts on it directly, so I know that's not the problem. Is it possible I just have a bad unit or is there something else that I should be checking?
Thanks for any help.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Replace the batteries in the remotes - they may be dead.
Is your antenna wire plugged in solidly?
Brent Haugen
Fargo, ND
73stingray 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
I can check the remote batteries, the unit is brand new though. Just to clarify, there is an LED on the remotes that does light up when I push the buttons, it is the LED on the dash that is not lighting. The antenna wire is plugged in solid on both ends too.
waden 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

I did not find your post until after I posted. I am experiencing the same problem, only my led begain flashing after the horn beep to indicate it was in transmitter programming mode, only to exit after 15 seconds. After reading posts from others to do the programming with the driver's door open, I tried that too, to no avail. Only now the led does not flash as before. I followed the installation manual with a wiring chart provided by Commando for the 2005 Rav 4 I was installing it in, and am fairly sure I did it right, with exception of the door locks, maybee. But without the unit recognizing the transmitters, who knows.

Of course, Commando cannot be reached over the weekend, and the website address for their support tech does not appear to exist any more. My web brouser cannot find it, anyway.

waden

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic