icon

ford gen 2 security system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bansheemike 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed this system (7L3Z-19A361-AA) and everything works but I am unable to program the unlock interior button to NOT disarm the alarm.  Is this a wiring problem or in the programing of the alarm.

2006 Ford F250

jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

you probably attach your unlock wire at the disarm wire and the unlock wire without using 2 diode         just diode  isolate  your unlock wire this should fix the problem

cocolaboy
myinstallguy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure the light green (pin A-12) is getting a positive pulse when you press unlock on the door, but not with the first press (only the 2nd prees) of factory remote.

Gen 2: all jumpers in positive (lower position). Bank one (4 honks) feature # 4(again 4 more honks) LED should be on.

Off the subject, if you plug in the LED backwards, it will illuminate green.

*Installer since '89*
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
I love a dual-colored LEDs.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
myinstallguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
So do I Kimosabe. For that hard to please customer.
*Installer since '89*
bansheemike 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
jacqueslacombe wrote:

you probably attach your unlock wire at the disarm wire and the unlock wire without using 2 diode         just diode  isolate  your unlock wire this should fix the problem

I'm trying to picture how to isolate the unlock wire on the drivers door...

bansheemike 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
myinstallguy wrote:

Make sure the light green (pin A-12) is getting a positive pulse when you press unlock on the door, but not with the first press (only the 2nd prees) of factory remote.

Gen 2: all jumpers in positive (lower position). Bank one (4 honks) feature # 4(again 4 more honks) LED should be on.

Off the subject, if you plug in the LED backwards, it will illuminate green.

I have a positive pulse when I press the drivers door unlock switch on the light green wire.  Not sure what the remote has to do with this.  I did verify that LED is on for bank 1 option 4.

myinstallguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

The light green wire is the wire that is supposed to stop the alarm from disarming when it recieves a + pulse.

The brown, Pin "A-9" is the wire that makes the system disarm with the factory remote or the unlock button (If it was being set up as an upgrade security system).

The WHITE/ blue is what arms the system with the door lock switch or the factory remote.

Disconnect the brown & green wires and test. These wires are not needed on the Gold system. They add the convienence of operating the alarm as a factory system via the factory Fob or door lock switch.

*Installer since '89*
bansheemike 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

My light green wire does receive the + pulse when I use the door lock switch so how does it distingush between the door switch and the key Fob?

I still want to use my factory key fob to arm and disarm the system.  My only concern is that if someone breaks a window and simply uses the door unlock on either side to disarm the system.

My truck also has the key pad on the door to arm/disarm the system.  I haven't tried to use it yet but I did use one of the options to delay the alarm for 5 seconds during entry.  

myinstallguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

The brown wire (A-9) is what disarms the alarm using the factory transmitter. It is connected to the drivers unlock motor wire (RED / orange).

The green wire (A-12) is what prevents the alarm from being disarmed with the door lock switch. It is connected to the all door unlock wire (Pink/orange).

When you press unlock (just once) on your factory fob only the drivers door will unlock. Only the brown wire should get a + pulse allowing the alarm to disarm.

When you press the unlock switch on the door, the brown & green will both get a + pulse @ the same time. If brown and green get a pulse @ the same time the alarm will not disarm. This is your saftey feature.

If the programming is set according to the option chart, it is definatly something to do with these two wires.

*Installer since '89*
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic