icon

2006 f150 fx4 supercrew remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
way2qk4u2c 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah the more i read the more it came evident that all by pass kits for this model needed 2 keys to program.

Ill have to check out a local lock smith.

jrod83 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
yeah man thats prolly your best bet...plus the bypass modules can be a pain.....the key in the coffin (556uw) is the easiest solution and cheapest in your case...i think its expensive at the dealership to get one made....at least thats what ive heard.....its like 50 bucks to get one cloned around here....
MECP Certified
I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fighting Aggies Class of '11 WHOOP!
SAW 'EM OFF!
way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

How about that new one PKU-F2?

That one needs no key and it just has Tx/Rx wires for the transponder disable? I know i still need 2 keys i think but i hear its reliable and eliminate having to stick a key under the dash?

jrod83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
yeah but if you do that then youll need to get a key from the dealer because if you clone a key..technically its the same key twice....the reason you ned 2 keys for the bypass is because it needs to read 2 different valid codes for the vehicle
MECP Certified
SAW 'EM OFF!
way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

I had a feeling you were gonna say that lol

jrod83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
haha yeah man i learned that one the hard way..when the bypasses for those trucks came out i spent like an hour trying to program it and then i figured that it was because the key was cloned....lol....thats time ill never get back!...i love xk bypasses...but if you dont have 2 keys..the 556uw will be the cheapest/easiest way to accomplish this....especially in your case....if you dont have anyone to consult during the install..those bypasses can be a pain in the ass if something goes wrong...
MECP Certified
SAW 'EM OFF!
way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah i am looking at the cheapest scenerio...currently i have the key in coffin bypass in my vehicle and its worked fine for 4 yrs- so im not worried about it not working. I just would like to have 2 keys someday lol. but its not a big deal i guess. Im suppose to be picking this Truck up possibly by thursday and who knows it might have 2 keys with it. They currently said they only have 1 but ya know how it goes they probably misplaced the other one!

Ill let you know if i run into problems LOL

Ill be installing the viper 5901

jrod83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
yeah man definately....thats what we install on a daily basis...viper/python....or dei in general...haha
MECP Certified
SAW 'EM OFF!
way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

You would think remote starters would be mor epopular in the cold environment such as chicago, new york etc and not texas liek where your at lol? Do people down there want it for the A/C to cool there cars :)

I dont mind the heat but the cold is another story lol

yeah i only trust DEI (viper/python) ive never had any bad luck with them or problems. knock on wood!

jrod83 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
way2qk4u2c wrote:

You would think remote starters would be mor epopular in the cold environment such as chicago, new york etc and not texas liek where your at lol? Do people down there want it for the A/C to cool there cars :)

I dont mind the heat but the cold is another story lol

yeah i only trust DEI (viper/python) ive never had any bad luck with them or problems. knock on wood!

have you been to texas???....it snows one day...100 degress the next...im not joking that literally happened last month...haha but yeah our summers are pretty harsh....theres times where its like 90 degrees at night....about 101-107 during the afternoon...but yeah ppl get it for the a/c...

MECP Certified
SAW 'EM OFF!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic