icon

omega db chdl3 and pt cruiser.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caryb 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 PT Cruiser with the factory alarm/keyless. I am working on installing a Viper 5900 with an Omega DB-CHDL3 interface (no remote start).
So far the Viper arms, locks the doors, disarms but won't unlock the doors, and the factory alarm/keyless is not arming with the Viper either. Opening a door will not set off the Viper.
My question is that my installer friend just installed an Omega in his PT and he had to make sure the Omega had power first then connect the OBD wire to pin #2 at the OBD plug. He said that the Omega will send a signal to the factory alarm horn output to chirp 3 times the first time the ignition is turned on to confirm it is programmed.
I have tried disconnecting the OBD wire at the plug, disconnecting and reconnecting power to the Omega and then reconnecting the OBD wire, and no changes.
Any idea how I get the Omega working?
The Viper has a direct connection to the door locks so I know it will operate them anyway, but it seems to me that it is working great but the Omega interface is not.
Help!omega db chdl3 and pt cruiser. -- posted image.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not sure what will happen but, the manual states:

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONNECT VIOLET DATA OUTPUT WIRE OF INTERFACE MODULE TO VEHICLE DATA WIRE (PIN 2) UNTIL EVERY OTHER WIRE HAS BEEN CONNECTED & THE HARNESS HAS BEEN PLUGGED INTO THE DATA BUS INTERFACE (DL) MODULE.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
caryb 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:

I'm not sure what will happen but, the manual states:

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONNECT VIOLET DATA OUTPUT WIRE OF INTERFACE MODULE TO VEHICLE DATA WIRE (PIN 2) UNTIL EVERY OTHER WIRE HAS BEEN CONNECTED & THE HARNESS HAS BEEN PLUGGED INTO THE DATA BUS INTERFACE (DL) MODULE.

Thanks, we were already aware of the data wire needing to be connected up last.
Turns out Omega had two different wire diagrams out, and we had one of each, the one that worked on my installer/friends 04 PT was different than what was needed for my 03 PT.
Luckily with him being a pro installer, he was able to figure it all out and the alarm is working great!
I just want to say that just because these new interface kits are out on the market, doesn't mean that you don't need a pro installer to install an alarm. There is no way I could have figured this all out on my own. I just did the labor under the guidance of an installer, saving me a ton on money!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic