icon

xk01 disarm with lock cylinder turn gm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
i have never run across that scenario but the DEI D2D units are fairly new so i wont say it cant happen... you may have to wire it W2W.. i just did an 05 Avalanche this week with the same unit running D2D and didnt seem to have any problems, but i can't say i tried using the key in the lock cylinder as the 5901 does lock and unlock with the transmitter... could be some wierd glitch with the XK01 that only pops up on D2D......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
advhome01 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

It seems like the GM alarm disarms when the lock cylinder is turned, which then tells the XK01 and then the alarm to disarm.  Kind of like using the factory keyfob to disarm when the Viper alarm is armed.

It seems like connecting it W2W might still have the same problem (I'm not sure).  I wonder if there is a way to set the factroy alarm system so it won't turn off when the key is turned in the lock????

advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

As I said in an earlier post: You can disconnect the arm & disarm wires @ both the door lock cylinders, inside the 2 front doors. Or even maybe at both power door lock modules. (As someone said, you can also see if there is something connected here @ the green wire) Then the key in either of the cylinders will have no effect on either alarm.

What is happening should not be happening, but it's a solution for your needs.

The only way to arm & disarm afterwards is with your remote transmitters.

I would also try the above suggestion of doing "wire to wire" instead of "data to data".

Good Enough Isn't!
advhome01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

Are the arm and disarm wires the same thing as the lock and unlock?

Will I have to wire the alarm direct to control the door locks or will they still be controlled with the xk01?

mauri197 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

all your problems are tru the data i did a 03 deville same thing wired the xk01 wire to wire then you will be fine when you do wire to wire there is no data going into the 5901 as if you go data to data on the xk01

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
advhome01,
I think the easiest solution would be to simply pop up the door module (the window/lock/mirror switch assembly) and disconnect the lt. green wire from the module. You can cut it with enough length to reconnect later, or simply use a pick to remove it from the connector.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I think I read a post in the Directechs Forum that mentioned that the DEI system was getting disarmed by the factory remote although the viper doesnt have a arm input or disarm input.  The person that mentioned also said he had it in D2D mode.  Wire the module in W2W and your issue should go away.
rustic_comfort 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
D2D is very nice with the basic remote start functions but it will transfer alot if car information back to the starter/alarm,  all of the door trigers including hood on many cars but that has to be why the car can disarm your aftermarket alarm.
advhome01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
advhome01,
I think the easiest solution would be to simply pop up the door module (the window/lock/mirror switch assembly) and disconnect the lt. green wire from the module. You can cut it with enough length to reconnect later, or simply use a pick to remove it from the connector.

That was it.  You rock.  Cut the green wire and no more problems!

I just checked my truck 04 silverado, and if I turn the lock cylinder it sets off the DEI alarm I have.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
Actually I think I read a post in the Directechs Forum that mentioned that the DEI system was getting disarmed by the factory remote although the viper doesnt have a arm input or disarm input.  The person that mentioned also said he had it in D2D mode.  Wire the module in W2W and your issue should go away.
That's definitely got to be it, guys.
I was using Audiovox product, but I witnessed the same thing in a Buick LeSabre.
Well, I didn't try it with the key cylinder, I tried it with the factory remote, but it should be the same thing.
When the Audiovox alarm/starter combo was installed in the LeSabre, with an XK01 connected data-to-data, the Buick's factory remote would also arm and disarm the Audiovox alarm.
Pretty cool feature if you ask me. Even though the customer should discontinue use of their factory remote, if they do end up using it, it won't create a problem. No false alarms, no stranded cars.
Trilogix provides pretty poor documentation with their products, and this feature is not mentioned whatsoever. I discovered it purely by accident.
But yes, if you get rid of the D2D cable, and hook up everything wire-to-wire, this feature should go away, as the XK01 will have no means to transmit information upstream into the alarm system.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic