icon

viper 5901, idatalink on intellikey, 09 maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it is as it has a special plug on the end to connect to the module. Maybe you could find a local dealer that will flash it for you for a few bucks. First i would see if the correct software is already there. Look on the side of the box and it will have software version printed. Compare that to what you need on thier website...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
vktran226 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

On the side of the box it says:

P/N:          ADS-DLSL CA2

SW:          4.9

HW:          AIO (128)

Guide       422

Date          1-14-2009

My car is a 2009 Nissan Maxima.  I posted a topic a couple of days ago and Chris Luongo said that the firmware is the same for all the Nissan's w/ the intellikey.  How do I know this is the right firmware with the information that is printed on the side of the box.  I looked on the IDATALINK website and it said nothing about a specific Software version for the car.  Thank You!

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Guide 422 is for the 2008 Maxima, which i would presume is the same car. If you go to the Idatalink website and go to support, then install guides, you can check your guide number(as long as nobody changed the software)...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
vktran226 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
The 2009 Nissan Maxima is completely redesigned from the previous years.  Does this make a diference?  I really don't want to purchase this data cord to flash my module. 
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
You know after i wrote that i realized this is a totally different car. This may be where your problem lies. Idatalink doesn't list the 2009 at all and it may not work. FYI, the 2008 IS250 pushtostart works fine with a Idata unit, but the 2009 does not. In fact, Idata told me Lexus has changed code variables and they are working on a fix. I tell you this because you need to be sure it will work. Have you talked to them at all? Did someone tell you it will work? The Altima has an entirely different wiring scematic(much more complex) yet does work with the same Idata module. You need to call them...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
vktran226 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

There is another person on the Maxima.org forum who had the exact same alarm /remote atart installed with an IDATALINK module.  I was just wondering if I will need to flash it, or if the module is preflashed with the correct firmware/sotware.  I don't want to give all this to the installer and have him call me back saying that the module does not work.  I really appreciate all your help Mike!

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Just due to the way Nissan usually does things i would say it would work. They tend to keep a standard in wiring thruout different cars. For instance, the BCM in a 2006 Tian is basically the same BCM that is in an Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, Frontier, etc. The keyless turn to start in a Murano is the same as all the others. Chances are all the Intellikey cars are the same too. Every Nissan uses the same software knowmatter what type of start system the car has. For these reasons i'm thinking it would be fine but a call to Idata wouldn't hurt to be sure...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
vktran226 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2009 Nissan Maxima with a Viper 5901 installed.  Everytime I remote start the car, the alarm siren will go off.  I noticed that when I remote start the car, the car will constantly beep like when you put your keys in the car and turn the key to one or two clicks without starting the car.  My nissan is equipped with the Intellikey if that helps.  I believe the beeping is causing the glass break sensor to react because the installer said he tied the glass break sensor into the trunk switch and when the alarm goes off, it says that my trunk is open.  When I lock the car the siren chirps once, and then it chirps a second time telling me that the trunk is open.  How do I fix this!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic