icon

2009 Dodge Ram Alarm Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stripehunter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Disclaimer; only posting this info for a do-it-yourselfer who may be looking for this kind of info as I was. Couldn't find it anywhere, so I figured it out on my own. A pro would probably not do it this way.
I put my basic $30 keyless entry kit in the other night. My truck is a 2009 ram 1500 ST (base trim) of the new design (4th generation- as I said the 2500 and 3500 are still 3rd gen and I would think should be the same as the 2008s). It is base trim, but still has power locks and windows. I had acquired a lock diagram from a 2008 1500, mine is similar, but different resistor values. Didn't want to pay for an interface, which may or may not be available. Since it's my own truck, I did some dissecting of switches to figure out how to clone them. Coming from the passenger door switch is a purple wire with green stripe. This is the lock signal wire. grounding this wire through a 330 ohm resistor will lock the doors, grounding it through a 100 ohm resistor will unlock the doors. Coming from the headlight switch is a pure white wire, this is the headlight output. Grounding this wire through a 1.146 kilo ohm resistor will turn the parking lights on. No relays are necessary, since these are all just signal wires with no draw. just use a plain old fashioned negative trigger kit with the correct resistors at the wiretaps.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like the starter post was a hoax.
thunda_hawg 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

yes the new chrysler vehicles use a newer generation of sentry keys.

the  expresskit line has the new chrysler gen II can bus .  part # is PKcan   or dlpkki ch3  for 09 and up chryslers . it also works stuff like the door locks and sometimes the gas door lid and trunk depending on the vehicle. ive used them on two 09 rams with no problems that i cantell as they are self programming.

hope this helps

89' 240sx
Rockford t8004
boston z6 comp.
eclipse 3432
polk MM 8"
Taylor owes Joe a Sandwich
12vmatt 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
these kits wont work i had  one in the shop today unfortunatly  the kich3 has the chip piece in it for the 08 that you put in the box but that piece is totally different on the 09 base model they also told me there is no safe way to wire the relay pack up to it without that integation piece the only way i have found how to do it is with a factory rs kit its about 240 from dodge but it will still control the door locks and everything else
powervoltz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
i see this is an old post but just found out that flashlogic has piece to do this truck four to five wire hookup and your done also does the challengers
" I see wire diagrahms "18 yrs+ of installing - not good on the brains LOL
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic