icon

2008 tiburon power locks.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys I've had a couple of topics I started on this car, but now that I've done it I wanted to alert you guys to how stupid the lock system is and what you have to do, it's niot that bad but it's a bit of a surprise when your installer support tells you one thing and it doesn't do what it's supposed to.

the locks on this car are a one wire system. instead of a traditional multiplexed resistor type system you have to cut and isolate the wire. open circuit is lock and ground pulse is unlock. the problem is once you do this on the drivers side you'll lock both doors but the passenger side won't unlock. what you have to do is isolate the wire going into the doorlock motor on the passenger side through a relay just like on the driver side.

wire colours on the car I did was yellow on the driver side and blue on the passenger side. on the driver side the yellow wire goes into the front of the fuse box in it's own little connector. the passenger side you gotta look for it a little harder in the loom coming in from the door.

not the toughest thing but it's a surprise, so there's your info in case you come across one.

kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just a fyi, that passenger wire is also in the fuse box. Every I have done I have had all my wires at the fuse box for locks. Its a really easy car today but yeah the door locks are wierd.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic