icon

orion vs jl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shawn/orion 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
well lets hear it i want to get a percentage. as most of us know jl is cleaner but as most of you dont know is orion hits harder with more punch. first w-3 vs hp, then w-7 vs hcca finnaly 1000/1 vs hcca 5000 and has anyone seen the new orion 10,000 amp yet i want to know more bout it thanx for your opinion
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
BS. JL will "hit" every bit as hard as any Fryin' Orion. While I am a true fan of the ORIGINAL reds, the JL (on the same subwoofer system) will spank anything from Orion. Orions are garbage amps, today... If you are buying a "statement piece", just for the power claims, that's a sorely misdirected purchase. Better damping, higher slew rate, more current capacity at any given impedance... No comparison... Id rather buy a JL than have an Orion given to me.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
shawn/orion 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
well buddy u must have alot of cash for one also you should do some actualresearch on them both not just jl dont be ignorant how do u figure the jl will outpound the orion thats prob just yr opinion, wheres the proof, a hcca WILL hit harder than a w-7 while being more reliable although it doesnt sound as good as for the amps u might be right but thanx for the post anyway!
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  

i Also agree with haemphyst. Orion has really fell off. As for subs, I was never impressed by hcca's. And there is a huge difference between bass hitting and SQ. If you are looking for brands that hit harder than the hcca. I will take a line from you.

Dont go off your opinion. "Do some actual reaserch" There are many subs that will put out far above a hcca and just so you get this right JL is not my brand of choice. Also i have used both brands and have done Quote un-Quote actual reserch.

orion vs jl -- posted image.
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

shawn/orion wrote:
well buddy u must have alot of cash for one also you should do some actualresearch on them both not just jl dont be ignorant how do u figure the jl will outpound the orion thats prob just yr opinion, wheres the proof, a hcca WILL hit harder than a w-7 while being more reliable although it doesnt sound as good as for the amps u might be right but thanx for the post anyway!

Where's your proof? Since you're a rookie poster, I'll go easy on you this time. Show us this proof you speak of. You may give us a bit of an education, but I doubt it.  orion vs jl -- posted image.

And by the way, can anyone tell me how to measure "hit harder?" orion vs jl -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:

And by the way, can anyone tell me how to measure "hit harder?" orion vs jl -- posted image.

ha ha easy, all you need to do is setup your subwoofer system in front of a punching bag and look to see how much the bag moves
p.s. yeah im joking
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Paradigm wrote:

Lmao. I think i might just have to use that as a sig orion vs jl -- posted image.

orion vs jl -- posted image.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:

we can always ask the poster a few weeks back with the system he SWORE would make his rear window explode. hehe

he'll know, right??

shawn/orion 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
well thanks for taking it easy on me i guess cause i just found this site and i am a rookie that must mean i dont know anything. its quite easy take any size hcca sub with the same size w-7 1 at a time with the same amp and see the results for urself thats my education try a retailer that has both on display and ask them to switch between the two. idk maybe im just taking too much shrooms and im trippin but i doubt it just going off of what i have seen first hand, it all depends on what u want i guess but yes jl kicks the doodie out of orion in sound quality the only other variable is price. but hey atleast im finding out that the majority likes jl better
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well, first off... NOBODY said you didn't know anything. What we DID take issue with, was your attitude. Coming here and simply stating in no uncertain terms that one product is better than any other, and then trying to back such a statement with your opinion (...and it was your opinion. It may not be ONLY your opinion, others may share it...), will ALWAYS get you attacked.
In an EQUAL, PROPER enclosure, meaning "tuned the same", not the same volume, I will concede that you are correct, nearly across the board, that Orions WILL be louder, but that JLs will be cleaner. The W7s would be the exception to this rule... THERE is a capable driver, period. JL amplifier specifications will dictate that they will perform better, and I have ALWAYS heard this as well, than an EQUALLY POWERED Orion amplifier. Damping, distortion, current capacity, slew rate... I would be willing to bet that in laboratory conditions - NOT the Swap-O-Rama geared Directed Labs, either - the JL gear will trounce the Orions.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic