icon

02 odyssey ex, alarm/remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alaskanoob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all! I'm new to the forums and have a few questions. I searched and viewed the vehicle wiring section and downloads section but didn't find what I was looking for.
1.I found this thread with the wiring I need but I does not list where the horn wire is located around the dash area.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=15731
2. The "Ebay special" alarm and remote start I am installing says:
"Dome light output [-] 500ma. Connect to the wire that activated the dome light usually the door pin switch wire.
Note: This output is only intended to drive a relay. It can not be connected directly to the dome light circuit.
My question is-how exactly do I wire in this relay and use it to also send the signal to the door input wire so the alarm will know the doors are open?
3. Is there a factory security system [besides immobilizer] that has to be bypassed on the 02 EX model?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't worry too much about that domelight supervison feature. The Honda's domelight will already come on on when the doors are unlocked.
The only reason to hook that up would be so that if the alarm gets triggered, it'll (probably, depending on the brand) flash the car's domelight to attract more attention.
And yes, the EX model does have a factory alarm. When you lock the doors (using the listed wire in the passenger fuse box), the factory alarm will arm, and when you unlock, it'll disarm.
You'll also need/want to wire the aftermarket system so that it'll temporarily unlock the doors before remote starting (to disarm the alarm), and then re-lock them after. Just your unit have "factory disarm" and hopefully "factory rearm" outputs?
If you don't like the idea of the doors momentarily unlocking during remote start, there is a disarm-without-unlocking wire in the car, but it's only available inside the driver's door.
I don't know the horn wire color, but after the column cover is removed, there should be two small connectors right behind the steering wheel, on the bottom side. The yellow connector (with the wiring wrapped in yellow tape) is for the airbag. Test all the wires in the other connector; horn will be in there.
james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

Your horn wire will be a light GREEN/ blue @ the steering column harness, this is a negative trigger

alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
You'll also need/want to wire the aftermarket system so that it'll temporarily unlock the doors before remote starting (to disarm the alarm), and then re-lock them after. Just your unit have "factory disarm" and hopefully "factory rearm" outputs?
If you don't like the idea of the doors momentarily unlocking during remote start, there is a disarm-without-unlocking wire in the car, but it's only available inside the driver's door.
The alarm unit does have two wires for factory arm and disarm although I would rather not unlock the doors before remote starting, even temporarily because I live in a busy city and don't want anyone trying to get in when it gets unlocked for those few seconds. I rather take apart the door panel to disarm without unlocking. I've read on another thread that it is the blue wire in the drivers door.
The doom light supervision as you described it is not a big concern to me. The only thing left that I don't understand how to do is wire in relays for the door triggers [so that the alarm will trigger if the doors are open].
I have a few diagrams for the starter anti-grind and wiring the relay for the second ignition wire so I should be covered in those aspects.
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
james bond 007 wrote:

Your horn wire will be a light GREEN/ blue @ the steering column harness, this is a negative trigger

Thank you Bond, James Bond! LOL.
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
alaskanoob wrote:
The only thing left that I don't understand how to do is wire in relays for the door triggers [so that the alarm will trigger if the doors are open].
bump..last question before I begin the install
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
No relays involved.
Just connect your alarm's negative-trigger door trigger input, to the car's door trigger wire.
If I remember right, I think it's at the back of the domelight switch on the dashboard, by the shifter handle.
Note that your alarm may have two door trigger inputs: a positive and a negative. The positive input would be for some Fords and Chryslers, or any other car that uses a positive domelight wire. You'd tape that one off, and use the negative input only.
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
No relays involved.
Just connect your alarm's negative-trigger door trigger input, to the car's door trigger wire.
If I remember right, I think it's at the back of the domelight switch on the dashboard, by the shifter handle.
Note that your alarm may have two door trigger inputs: a positive and a negative. The positive input would be for some Fords and Chryslers, or any other car that uses a positive domelight wire. You'd tape that one off, and use the negative input only.
Thank you for your response! I know exactly where that switch is!
Wish me luck LOL.
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
And yes, the EX model does have a factory alarm. When you lock the doors (using the listed wire in the passenger fuse box), the factory alarm will arm, and when you unlock, it'll disarm.
OK I ran into two issues.
1. I hooked up the door unlock and lock wires from the alarm to the corresponding wires in the passenger kick panel. I think the wires were BLACK/ orange and blue/orange. That worked fine. However I also connected the factory disarm and rearm to those same wires but when the car remote starts, the doors open but they don't close afterwards. When I removed the factory disarm wire from the mix, the car would remote start fine and the doors would remain closed but the alarm fob would beep that the door is open and shut the system down.
2. I can remote start the car with the key in the ignition so I know my wiring is correct but when I try to use the bypass [dei 555H], the car just cranks. All the wiring is correct except the key sense wire. I hooked that up to the only blue/white wire I could find around the steering column. Any specifics on where that wire is supposed to go? The instructions for the 555h says that the key sense is looking for a (-) signal when the key is in the ignition. I didn't find that wire in the vehicle wiring database.
alaskanoob 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
james bond 007 wrote:

My alarm siren is a positive trigger. How can I hook up my horns to go off with the siren? and also beep when locking the doors?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic