icon

2000 gmc sierra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Milego 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I need some help, I have a 2000 Sierra, and I'm trying to install a Viper 7901, I've got everything except the bypass module connected.  I'm using a 555L as I' assuming that this is the correct module for this vehicle.  My problem is the wiring of this module is my problem as I've never done a remote start before.  I'm trying to find 1 wire, and rather that probe for hours, I'd thought I'd ask here.  I need to know where to connect the black wire on the module, it's says to hook this to the ground reference wire.  Thanks for any help.
berserk_eagle 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I put a remote start in my 02 sierra a few months ago. The 3 wires you need, yellow, white, and the black ground reference wires will all be together coming right out of the ignition key cylinder.
Ryan
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
pics always help
edit: but the pic won't show up so follow the link below
click here for the pic
to answer your question, the black from the 555l goes to the ORANGE / black in the passlock 2 harness
Milego 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I got the momdule installed and it seems to have been a bad module so I swapped it out, but the only other module available was the DLPKGM.  I hope someone is familiar with this module because I'm confused again. I know I only need to use three of the wires from it.  I know the purple wire connects to pin 2 on the OBDII connector, and the BLUE/BLACK wire connects to the status output from my remomte starter, but where do I connect the PINK ignition output from the module?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic