the12volt.com spacer
icon

Focal Beryllium BMW

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robolop 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop

These will be the 2 new amplifiers that will recplace the PPI.

As you can see, they are from JL Audio. The reason why? Simple, all the topdesigners from PPI work now at JL Audio.
2 years ago I’ve spoken with Jeff Scoon, the topdesigner of PPI. And I must say, from then on, it was in my mind of using JL amps someday.
The other option was the Focal Duo Monitor, but he has been for sale a couple of years now.
Cause this was only a 2-way amp, I had to buy one more to feed the subs.
A good friend of mine, Iwan Vinck (ARC deurne) has tested the JL edition, and was seriously impressed of what these things can do, and how they sound.
If someone like that is impressed, there’s no need to doubt, and you just have to GO FOR IT.
The HD600/4 gives 4x150, but in my case, I’m going to bridge it to 2x300 on the front speakers.
The HD750/1 gives 1x750 watt, and this will be used for the subs.

Focal Beryllium BMW - Page 11 -- posted image.

In the meanwhile, I’ve lifted the PPI from it’s case, and put it in nicely into my cupboard. Don’t think I’ll sell this, you won’t get anything for that now a days.

Then I rather mount it in my golf I drive daily.

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop

Melted Fabric wrote:
Keep them coming, you do extreme work and have shown very nice techniques for accomplishing unique designs.
I have gathered much from this project.

THX MADE

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop
deeg money wrote:

Robolop,

Where did you learn to do all of this. I would love to create something like this for my truck or at least learn to use alu like you do. I am gonna take a wide guess but Im guessing your not from the states? I was wondering what kind of milling tool you used so I can look for one to start fooling around with on some projects.

Oh and by the way your car is looking awesome. The work you do is pretty amazing. How many hours have you put into this?? Have a good one man!

The mills I’ve used for the aluminum are nothing special really. Believe me, I don’t even know what type it is.

The orange mills, they cost a bit more.

The red ones don’t cost a penny. That’s just a box with dits and dats I’ve bought sometime.

But they mill very well. You just need to use enough of liquid to cool it down.

Watch out, it’s still a dangereous job to do, especially when you want to try to do this for the first time.

When you take little parts from the alu, it’s not so bad.

squires500 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squires500
nice work, starting to look awesome cant wait for it to be finished :)
robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop

KarTuneMan wrote:
I have to ask..... what's the total time on the install and fab work ?

I don't keep track of the time dude. It's the result that counts, not the time that was needed.

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop
KarTuneMan wrote:

fabilichus wrote:
I have to give u alot of credit. The work u have done looks amazing !
I wish im gonna get the skills to make something half as nice as u did.
Question,
How do you get carbonfiber so shiny ?
Could u maybe make alittle how to on that ?

You won't get any answer to your question.... I tried a page or so back to ask a question as well.... no reply.

Off course I want to answer...but till now, I didn't have any problems with that.

I can understand and read the English language, but unfortunately I'm not able to write it. That's why I send everything to a friend, who translates it all in English. That I copy, and put this after the questions asked.

On this forum, I couldn't do this...and I'm not much of a PC wonder too, so I asked it to a friend. He explained me what to do with the text, and now, it all works perfectly, and it's possible to answer the questions.

sorry dude.

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop

fabilichus wrote:
Question,

On the carbon fibre, there are 3 or 4 layers of epoxy. The final layer is abraded very firmly. I start with a 600wet, then 800, 1200 and I stop with the 2000. Then I let someone put 3 layers of car-varnish on it.

Once this process is done, it needs about 10 days to dry out completely, and I start to rubb it all again with a 2000.

Now when this is done, I polish it with the machine. That's how you get a nice and deep glow.

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop

asquarecan wrote:
Hands down some if not the most impressive work I have ever seen!
If you are located anywhere on the west coast I would love to see this thing in person!
Great work!
Keith

Sorry dude, I don't live near the west-coast.

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop
KarTuneMan wrote:

fabilichus wrote:
Question,

You won't get any answer to your question.... I tried a page or so back to ask a question as well.... no reply.

Sorry dude, but know you know what my problem was to post here.

robolop 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote robolop

i am an idiot wrote:
The bottom cover of that amplifier is a critical part.  It is what holds the transistors firmly against the heat sink.  If you are leaving the cover off of the amp, you need to somehow secure the transistors to the heat sink. 

I'm aware of that dude.

Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic