icon

novice or faqs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Great and perhaps you could add  "please use the search tab to see if your topic has already beeen answered" ? Thanks
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

Initially they should place a check in the "Email Notify Me of Replies" checkbox when they create a topic or when they post a reply if they haven't already done so. The problem with some of our members is that they just don't read what's in front of them, so no matter how clear or simple we attempt to make it, many of the problems we have with some members will still exist, but I still think your FAQ idea is a good one and will help those that will read it, so keep the FAQ suggestions coming and I'll build it.

novice or faqs - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

I thought it was "If you build it they will come".  You have turned it around on us. 

the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

Howie, yours is the first entry in the database for the new FAQ section. I'll list all of the categories and questions in alphabetical order. The questions will be links to the respective answer. In many of the FAQ answers I'll include images/screen shots and any other page elements as needed. So for anyone else that wishes to add to this list, please post your FAQ's in the following manner.

Question?  Answer.

Example:

How do I find my forum topics and posts? Click here to view all of your forum topics and posts or use the forum search to the find your topics and posts by entering your user name into the 'Search For' field, then select Author in the 'Search In' field. You may also select a forum to narrow your search before clicking the 'Start Search' button.

If you have a user name with special characters in it, you may not find any results using the method described above, so we strongly suggest that you enable email replies to your posts when you create a new topic. You may also set this as your default selection in your forum profle.

If you have hundreds or even thousands of posts, try searching for topics by the exact topic, keywords, and/or phrases.

--

the12volt 
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

I thought it was "If you build it they will come".  You have turned it around on us. 

I did build it ;) Here you are, and now you want more, so tell me what you want.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic