icon

remote starter, 2009 toyota camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brownsmaddawg 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

I am having an two issue with the remote starter that I am putting into a new 2009 toyota camry le. I am installing a code alarm ca 501 with a unversial bypass module. first issue is that going by the wiring info that I was provided about the vehicle parking lights, the parking lights wire should be at the becu module inthe vehicle fuse box. is this the main fuse box located in the engine compartment ?

Second issue is that once everything is connected ( except the parking lights ) try to start the remote starter, starter comes on but will not crank the starter motor. any advice? am I am missing something that prevents the r s from starting the engine.

thanks,

Brian Grant

Brian Grant
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

The BECU is located above the interior fuse box, not outside under the hood. Under the airbag there are a group of plugs. Positive lights are in plug F, and it is green. There are two greens in this plug, it''s the one on the right.

As for cranking, did you use a relay to connect the second starter wire? Will the car start with the key placed in the ignition switch without turning it on?

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
brownsmaddawg 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
As for the 2nd starter wire, I am not hooked to it at all. Wiring infomation did not say to connect anything to the 2nd starter wire. What output from the remote starter will I need to connect to the relay then to the 2nd starter wire?
Brian Grant
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
The install guide with the remote starter should show how to use the "pulse during start" output, to trigger a relay, to power up the car's second starter wire.
I would have just gotten negative parking lights right in the steering column harness, because you were already there getting your ignition and starter wires........it's the only black wire in the harness, but always test and verify of course.
If you prefer positive parking lights, the brown wire is easy to catch in the driver's running board, as it runs to the rear of the car.
lanman31337 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing 2008 and 2009 are going to be the same wiring for the Camry?  I have one to do next week.
wyciwug 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

I am doing the alarm/remote start for the same 09 camry LE.  I also have question for this car.  I heard this car has multiplex flashing circuit that requires to change the fuse to a specified resistor.  I wonder if anyone can give me some hint on what it means.  Also what kind of resistor I need.

Clifford Matrix 3.3x Alarm and Remote Starter

Thanks.

dcd
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

No idea what you mean. There are are resistors needed to do this car, nor is there any multiplex wires. You will need a bypass....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

THis is what I mean

H1/4 WHITE/ Brown: onboard light flash relay:  This wire connects to pin 87a of the onboard light flash relay.  It is used whenever light switch isolation on the vehicle is necessary.  If the veh has a multiplex circuit that needs the light switch isolated, you can remove on board light flash fuse and replace it with the specified resistor (paying attention to the polarity selection).

Someone told me the 09 Camry has a multiplex circuit.  Need to replace light flash fuse with specified Resistor.  I don't know what Resistor I need to buy from Radioshack to make this to work.  It's a black wire (-) from the camry.

dcd
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

They told you wrong my friend. There is no resistor needed, no Multiplex. Connect the park light white wire directly up to either green in connector F for postive or at the switch, black, negative(your choice). H/14 does not need to be connected at all, this is used mainly for some Chrysler cars.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wyciwug 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, Ill try to follow your help this thursday.

One more question.  I am trying to wire the relay for Trunk release.  According to 08 Camry wiring diagram, it's a 5-wire.  Do you have a diagram to wire this relay?  Thank so much for your help.

dcd
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic