icon

2005 silverado int sl bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arhunter 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

I am thinking about replacing the GM-SL2 in my 2005 Silverado with a newer INT-SL.   The GM-SL2 is W2W in my application and it looks like the INT-SL should plug right in the existing connector without changing anything.    Has anyone done this before?    Also, I read on here some have had problems with the INT-SL in trucks?   

My GM-SL2 works fine for everything but the heated seats.    Supposedly this problem is fixed with the INT-SL.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Surprised. It was the same year, same make, same model and same bypass module. I had a GM-SL2 ver 1.6. everything worked perfect but for no apparent reason, the truck battery would go dead once in a while. I called Fortin support and they recommended me to change it out with an int-sl. The int-sl had since fixed the problem.

It is a matter of unplug the gm-sl2 & plug in the new int-sl. the connectors are identical. All you have to do is just program the new module.

BTW, what ver # is your gm-sl2 ? It was almost 2 yrs ago, I didn't know there was an addendum that a 1k reisitor was needed to add to the purple wire connected to the odb2 for ver # 8 and lower.

Note : The heated seats would only turn on when the engine temperature is < 0 deg C when remote started.  

arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
moonliter wrote:

Surprised. It was the same year, same make, same model and same bypass module. I had a GM-SL2 ver 1.6. everything worked perfect but for no apparent reason, the truck battery would go dead once in a while. I called Fortin support and they recommended me to change it out with an int-sl. The int-sl had since fixed the problem.

It is a matter of unplug the gm-sl2 & plug in the new int-sl. the connectors are identical. All you have to do is just program the new module.

BTW, what ver # is your gm-sl2 ? It was almost 2 yrs ago, I didn't know there was an addendum that a 1k reisitor was needed to add to the purple wire connected to the odb2 for ver # 8 and lower.

Note : The heated seats would only turn on when the engine temperature is < 0 deg C when remote started.  

I don't know the version of the GM-SL2, but I did the remote start on this truck in Jan, 2007.    It works fine except the heated seats do not come on when below 32.   I don't think there is anything wrong with my other wiring because I can manually turn the seats on while the truck is remote started.

I plan to use the GM-SL2 in my son's 2002 Silverado, since it will only need to do the Passlock bypass for that year, none of the other data bus features will work.   I read on the Fortin site somewhere there was a problem with some of the early GM-SL2s and heated seat part not working.  

What was the 1K resistor for and how is it wired to the OBDII port ?

arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

Apparently they fixed the heated seat problem with version 1.8.

https://ifar.ca/en/products/obsolete_series/gm-sl2/revisions.html

I found the resistor addendum (1K from OBDII pin 2 to ground), but it doesn't say what it fixes.   

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

arhunter wrote:
I found the resistor addendum (1K from OBDII pin 2 to ground), but it doesn't say what it fixes.
the gm-sl2 works on your truck, I just want to find out what ver is it or you had the 1k resistor installed. Plus I had reinstalled it in 2007 sierra classsic w/o the 1 k resistor and it had no problem.

If you ever take the gm-sl2 out, would you pm me the ver # ?

TIA

arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

I'll send you the version when I take it out.   It may be a week or two before I get to it.   I didn't know about the resistor until I read your reply.   You think the 2002 truck will need the resistor just to do the passlock bypass?   My 2005 seems to work fine without it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic