icon

wiring 4 mtx woofers, 2 mtx amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tigger76 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  

Hello guys, I am new to the forums and have a problem that I am hoping you guys can help me figure out. I have 4 MTX 7512-44 (duel voice coil).  They will be going into 2 premade ported boxes that have been bolted together and weigh alot. I have 2 MTX Thunder Amplifiers (TA81001). My questions are as follows.

Do I strap the amps together and wire the subs down to a 2 ohm load, or do I do 1 amp to 2 subs at a 1 ohm load?

I know that I will be over powering the subs, but I do plan on lowering the gains all the way for the start.

I also have a kinetik battery but am unsure about how to wire it up and where to even place it really?

I have been alloted a very small fund to do my project and have about $30.00 left for misc things. The power and ground for the amp calls for 4 guage so  I bought 2 amp kits 4 guage. I know that 0 guage would be best but like I said I have a strict budget.

Here is what I had planned.

4 guage from the battery to the kinetik and the battery to the ground, kinetik to the ground and kinetik to the 2 amps.

Actually I have no clue what to do?  Sny help would be appreciated.

tigger76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
By the way it is a 1995 Chevy Suburban
airhed692005 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Do this for each amp
wiring 4 mtx woofers, 2 mtx amps -- posted image.
That means each one of the amps are at a 4ohm load and kicking out 500rms so make sure you turn the gains down and have fun
Ronald Bailey Owner/ Installer of VIBRATION CUSTUM SOUNDS. CUSTOM BOX DESIGNER AND BUILDER
TID-896 7" screen,Amp-BX1206d
4/0power/ground cables
4-12 mofos 12ft3 box tuned 40hz DB:163.1
tigger76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, thanks for the reply. Will it pound? I would like to enter some of the db drags in my area and be able to hold my own. Thank you
airhed692005 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
IT is all about the setup in the truck. With 4 12" of them it sound win something but not the only it maybe 135db. That is my guess. I do db drag with my mini van. Do you know what class you are in? This is what I would do, I would save a little bit of money and get some better subs, Amps are get but the speakers are low class rated. Here is my system in my van. It hits 146.3 in that van. Just to let you know the small box on the drivers side is my power can and my 1000cca battery cover. Send me some pics of yours and maybe I can help you get a better DB
Ronald Bailey Owner/ Installer of VIBRATION CUSTUM SOUNDS. CUSTOM BOX DESIGNER AND BUILDER
4/0power/ground cables
tigger76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, Thank you for your reply. I really don't know what class I would be in? I have not been to a db drag for quite some time. I just want it to really pound. I was hoping to push about 600 to 650 watts to every speaker. I know the rms is 400, so what I was thinking may be pushing it. The way you told me to wire it up and I would get 500 watts, is that per speaker or combined? Thanks for all your help.
tigger76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2009 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have a couple more questions. What does putting fiber fill in the box do exactly? Would firing the subs into the box effect the sound and bass? What are the pros and cons of doing that? Thank you again.
airhed692005 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry That is 500rms to each sub at 4ohms. I never put that stuff in my boxes. I thank without the fiberfill it has a cleaner bass. I thank you would use it for sealed boxes but not ported because it would come out the port. This is the only way you can do it with out hurting something.
Here is the website for the DB DRAG RACING classes
DB DRAG RACING CLASSES
4/0power/ground cables
tigger76 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

Is it possible to wire it for 1 ohm and turn the gains all the way down? I will be running this all off the jensen vm9212 deck. I got these amps for a screaming deal and would like to get everything I can out of them.

j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2009 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

Actually you can put chicken wire or a screen over the port at the inside. That keeps the polly fill in. As for DBs there are way to many variables(placement, tune, air space......) including the vehical  to say what numbers it would do and how well you will do in contests.  The only way you will know is to put it on a Mic for numbers and to do a comp to see how you will place.

As for the amps. If they are gained right you should have no problems at all.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic