alpine type x box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644 wrote:
length of port has nothing to do with port noise...port area is what matters.
I know that. I just meant that in order to not have port noise you need to make the port cross sectional area large. That will make the port long in order to maintain the same frequency.
Thanks for clearing that up just in case other people were confused.
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
well now that i decided on the sub box and setup my other problem is now that the car's electrical system most likely will not handle my plans. Will upgrading the big 3 help this on a stock alternator? and also would a kinetik power cell under the hood or in the trunk help the system out ?
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  

djrankin004 wrote:
well now that i decided on the sub box and setup my other problem is now that the car's electrical system most likely will not handle my plans. Will upgrading the big 3 help this on a stock alternator? and also would a kinetik power cell under the hood or in the trunk help the system out ?

If your still running the 850rms amp doing the big 3 that would definatly not hurt. Adding just battery could be enough. But without upgrading the alt. I Think it would probably hurt more than help. Yes it will play better till the battery is drained some but then the alt is under more strain to charge both the stock and 2nd batt. I would do the big 3 see what it does and go from there with a volt meter to see what it does. But an alt is probably in your near future. Hopefully someone here will know that car better than me and be able to tell you what kind of extra current you can safely pull on it.

alpine type x box - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
djrankin004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
what about replacing the stock battery with a kinetik battery? would that be about the same? Also i havent heard the greatest things about optima batteries. I know they are kinda two different kinds of batteries but which would help me more a kinetik or optima?
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
you can replace under the hood no problems. Yellow tops are nice because they are sealed so you can put them anywhere. But honestly i would not recommend them. They are pretty much marketing BS IMO. I use xstatic for all my battery upgrades. I really like there products. Kinetic i have not personally used but i have heard many good things about them with very little bad. Yes a good strong high output batt can help but its really up to if the alt can handle the amplifiers needs when its drawing power to be able to keep the battery charged.
djrankin004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
hmm . Just bought the car and have a warranty on everything on it(including the alternator) can you see any reason why doing the big 3 would void this warranty? Does the big 3 damage the alternator or make it do things it shouldn't?
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2009 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Doing the big 3 will not hurt or harm the alt. All it does is allow current to flow more easily. It should not do anything against your warranty if you just add to the stock wiring.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic