icon

python 1400xp, 2006 ford escape

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
allsportsfan792 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for a tach wire to hook up a remote starter for a 2006 Ford Escape all the diagrams on here just say not to hook up to red or RED / white but not what wire is a good wire for tach sensing. All the diagrams say you can hook to ignition coils or injectors. I used an ignition coil green wire that is read approx 100 millivolts. Thanks for your help in advance.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
python 1400xp, 2006 ford escape - Page 2 -- posted image.TachometerDK GREEN/ VIOLET OR WHITE/ VIOLET(AC)AT COIL ON 2.OL & 3.0L
allsportsfan792 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much I take it this coil is under the steering column or somewhere inside the car not under the hood am I correct?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
You still need to hook up both fused 12v inputs to the relay pack or else it will not work. There are 2 inputs, 4 outputs.
Inputs: Red, and Red (looped over to a RED / white)
Outputs: Starter, Accessory, Ignition 1, Ignition 2.
You are using 3 of the outputs....if you don't connect both inputs, then only 2 outputs will work. I don't remember off the top of my head which one won't work....but NOT connecting both Red INPUTS is your problem. Keep looking for another tach wire....it won't solve your main problem.
The manual mentions cutting the RED / white wire from the red wire and connecting it to its own input. It does not say that the 2nd red wire is not needed.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

allsportsfan792 wrote:
... I take it this coil is under the steering column or somewhere inside the car not under the hood am I correct?

You are in-correct. If you're not sure what a coil is at this point, I recommend a professional.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Another thing....the 555F does not work on the Escape. You would have to have used a 555s from that time period, or any of the other dozen or so modules currently available.
allsportsfan792 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:

allsportsfan792 wrote:
... I take it this coil is under the steering column or somewhere inside the car not under the hood am I correct?

You are in-correct. If you're not sure what a coil is at this point, I recommend a professional.

Not to sound like I am bashing you but I do know I am just trying to make sure I was trying to verify since I did not see the Dark GREEN/ Violet or the Violet/White wire under the hood on any of the coil packs so I was just making sure that was all. I have only installed one and installing a second one I am a "newbie" I don't know everything since all cars are not alike.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic