icon

remote start for manual convert to auto

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nsomnia_redline 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
i hope im not duplicating with this one. i have been searching for hours with no luck. i did find a lot about modding an automatic remote start car alarm for a manual car. but that dose not help me.
so i have an Asian Wolf 2009 remote start and car alarm system. its been sitting for months waiting to be installed in my rx-7 5 speed, it was meant to be put in a manual car.
i recently bought a new car and am selling my rx-7. my new car is a 2000 crown Victoria p71. it is not equipped with PATS. i was wondering if there was a way to install it seeing as how the alarm is for a manual and am currently driving an automatic.
it would help if there was a way. i spent a lot of money for this remote start car alarm. i did a lot of research and really like the features. it would be a shame if i couldn't some how make this work.
thanks
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Does that unit need to be programmed into standard mode?  If I remeber there is a jumper or wire that needs to be cut to go into standard mode, just done do that.
nsomnia_redline 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
lspker wrote:
Does that unit need to be programmed into standard mode?  If I remeber there is a jumper or wire that needs to be cut to go into standard mode, just done do that.
alright. im new to the alarm thing. what is standard mode? and how do you program it? ill also do more research on my alarm.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
Standard mode = standard transmission mode.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

It would help if we knew what model Asian Wolf you have.

Supposing that your remote starter is made for automatic transmission vehicles only and if the remote starter has a neutral safety wire that requires to be grounded for the starter to work, you can add a Peripheral NSS

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Big Dog wrote:

Supposing that your remote starter is made for automatic transmission vehicles only and if the remote starter has a neutral safety wire that requires to be grounded for the starter to work, you can add a Peripheral NSS

The poster has an alarm that is for both standard and maunual transmission. He's trying to program it for standard mode.

• As lspker said, cut the manual/auto transmission wire loop. That programs the R/S for standard mode.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
nsomnia_redline 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog wrote:

here is what i have, http://www.asianwolf.com/car-alarm-2009.html
nsomnia_redline 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

The poster has an alarm that is for both standard and maunual transmission. He's trying to program it for standard mode.

• As lspker said, cut the manual/auto transmission wire loop. That programs the R/S for standard mode.
what wire would that be listed as in my manual i have here? or maybe what tip off would the wire give me when i see it on the diagram?
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Scan the manual, upload it to the site, and we'll have some information to help you by, as well as others in the future.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
nsomnia_redline 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
BINGO. my thoughts exactly.... i actually found a scanner today. but just got off work and cant scan anything at this moment. but i read the manual. and it looks straight forward.
im going to scan a few points of interest involving the install for manual tranny and also the wire diagram itself. you guys will probably know what to say when you look it over for sure. those will be here soon but not tonight. thank you for all the help so far. not out of the woods yet lol.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic