icon

antitheft device, 99 grand cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveandtracy7 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 jeep grand cherokee. It has an antitheft device where I have to put a small round metal pin key into a metal hole under my dash so I can enable starting the car. If I don't get the pin key exactly into the hole the car won't start. It has become such a nuisance that I would like to disable this device. Can someone please tell me what this device is called and how to disable it? I think it has 5 wires running into the back of this small black device. I have tried doing research on it and I can't find any info on it. Thanks
steve
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
It's an imobiliser, assuming you are in UK, forget te wires you mentioned, the main unit is probably up behind the instrument panel. It wil have 2 grounds, 3 ignition  2 starter and 1 power supply all coloured black. The ign or fuel line and starter need to be rejoined and the box thrown away. I remove  three or four a month. Totally irrelevant on modern vehicles. Just be aware you might have negated your insurance if you are in UK or parts of Canada. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic